Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: Loyola's Roster????        (Topic#3545)
MacDog 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-21-06
08-31-06 04:59 PM - Post#22188    

Does anyone think it's weird that our roster is not yet updated with transfer Omari Israel, zero incoming freshmen, and the transfer from Marshall? Any speculation as to why?

Lou 
Masters Student
Lou
Loc: Atlanta
Reg: 07-19-06
Re: Loyola's Roster????
09-01-06 05:33 PM - Post#22189    
    In response to MacDog

That is a great question. Strange that it HAS been updated slightly, changing it to 06-07 and class years. So it isn't just laziness.

With so many names and faces missing, I am going to hope that it is just a work in progress. But I am going to worry about it until we see more info up there.
Jesus loves me.
I don't give a f--- what the rest of you think.

MacDog 
Masters Student

Sky Khaleel disappears...
09-02-06 11:50 AM - Post#22190    
    In response to Lou

I think the roster is far from finalized because Skyler Khaleel has now disappeared. No Omari Israel, no Brett Harvey, and we now have just nine players. What is the deal!?!?!

Lou 
Masters Student
Lou
Loc: Atlanta
Reg: 07-19-06
Re: Sky Khaleel disappears...
09-03-06 01:22 PM - Post#22191    
    In response to MacDog

I am almost 100% sure that Sky's name was there 48 hours ago. Something is screwy, but hopefully they are just getting everything updated. The team, as it appears on the web right now, would be a major disappointment.
Jesus loves me.
I don't give a f--- what the rest of you think.

MacDog 
Masters Student

09-03-06 05:45 PM - Post#22192    
    In response to Lou

Quote:

I am almost 100% sure that Sky's name was there 48 hours ago. Something is screwy, but hopefully they are just getting everything updated. The team, as it appears on the web right now, would be a major disappointment.

Totally agree. his name was up there the day before I posted what I posted. So this is a recent development.

However, both Brett Harvey and Omari Isreal appear in the Loyoal email directory. Let's hope for the best.

MacDog 
Masters Student

09-08-06 01:33 PM - Post#22193    
    In response to MacDog

Sky Khaleel has disappeared but Isreal will join the squad mid-year, and the incoming freshmen are:

Tony Lewis
Brett Harvey
and some kid I don't know.

Any info on these players and a roster analysis would be appreciated from the experts on the board:

http://loyolagreyhounds.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/locl-m-baskbl-mtt.html

DMcG113 
Freshman

Reg: 09-08-06
09-08-06 06:12 PM - Post#22194    
    In response to MacDog

Hey guys, new member to the boards- here to give you a current student's perspective...

Sky Khaleel transferred to Adelphi, which is a shame because I think he had a lot of raw talent. He just wanted more playing time, much like Freddie Stanback. Freddie went from being one of my favorite players his Freshman year to a dud that visibly lacked enthusiasm and effort last year. Brad Farrell was honestly a racist meathead and got into a huge fight at Murphy's one night in April, involving most of his teammates, especially Collins and Stanback.

Cannot wait for this season, along with everyone else on campus. I have not missed a game since my Freshman year when we had average attendance of 424 and went on that glorious trainwreck of a season and look forward to keeping in touch on these boards. I was pretty active on the ESPN boards last year, but this seems to suit me better.

DMcG113 
Freshman

Reg: 09-08-06
09-08-06 06:32 PM - Post#22195    
    In response to DMcG113

O and also, Harvey was the one that verbally committed to Manhattan before Bobby Gonzalez took the Seton Hall job, so he should be a step up for us. I don't know much about Lewis except that he lead his Fredericksburg team to the State Finals and turned down offers from, of all schools, the cream of the CAA's crop George Mason and UNCW along with UNC Greensboro.

I think we should start getting excited about GBrown and his 7.1 ppg as a Sophomore at Providence. He's not only an awesome athlete (we won't get into his personal life right now), but he was East Coast HS Slam Dunk Champ, which is something our school needs since even intent to dunk gets Reitz obnoxiously excited.

And Israel is apparently actually a class act and will be missed at Notre Dame according to some of my student-athlete friends over there. Look forward to seeing him and Fofana play, since I was abroad in the Spring and missed Fofana coast through his role...let's hope he comes to play like the top 25 recruit he was thought to be.

MacDog 
Masters Student

09-08-06 09:44 PM - Post#22196    
    In response to DMcG113

Glad to have you, DMcG. Anything easy to call you?

Didn't realize Khaleel had left, good to knwo where. Do you know where Stanback ended up? I think we are better off now than we were, though I'm sure Lou doesn't like the transfers leaving, I think we need to get to a point where guys are leaving because they are afraid of playing time. That means ther eare better players in the stable!

Most of us have been around for a little bit - I graduated in '01 and was in house for half the Gaudio and some of the Hicks years. It definitely looks like things are ont he way up.

I think Harvey is a solid pickup and I have heard some very good things about Tony Lewis from folks around. We have a solid senior pg in Shane James and I think we have some depth and athleticism. If Coach can get them to play some defense, I think we'll definitley have enough scoring to be one of the top teams in the MAAC. It is nice to have legit hopes for the next season.

If Isreal and Fofana have even 'fair' seasons (25 pts and 15 rbs between them) to go along with what I think Gerald brown will have (18 ppg or so) we should be pretty darn good.

BRING ON THE SEASON!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.412 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:28 PM