Basketball State Page
Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
Username Post: 2007 MAAC Tourney        (Topic#3696)
heyvern 
Sophomore

Reg: 09-13-06
09-19-06 02:08 PM - Post#22591    

On www.maacsports.com, I just read an article from July which stated that the double-bye has been eliminated from the MAAC tourney. All I can say is, "It's about friggin' time!" That always bothered me. The top seeds got such an advantage over the lesser seeds which completely defeats the purpose of conference championships. If you're a good team, you should be able to defeat the poor teams. However, similar to the NCAA tourney (still the greatest post-season tourney of all sports), any team can win a game at any time which is what makes it so exciting. That being said, I'm glad the MAAC directors got together and voted this to be removed.

If you want to read the article: http://www.maacsports.com/index.php?s=&a...hange_well_id=2

Also, this year's MAAC tourney will be played at the Arena at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport, CT. This is Fairfield's psuedo home court (used to play at Alumni Hall on campus which was small, sweaty and rowdy - great place to watch a game) and just so happens to be 10 minutes from my house!! I can't wait. We should be able to get a big crowd of LC fans from the area. It's right off I-95 and the train station is less than a 5 minute walk. Just remember to bring your flak jackets/bullet proof vests. Gotta love the B-P-T!

RKelly, it goes w/o saying that we will not be going to work that Friday and pre-gaming all day. I bet we could roll a case-race right into a mini-keg challenge and still have time to get to the game in a shopping cart. Come to think of it, we could ride the shopping cart to the train station in my town, leave it there, ride the train 1 stop to BPT and do the reverse post-game. Obviously, the inevitable divorces from our wives that would occur after this day would be painful but hey, we may just have to take this one for the Hounds. Go Green!

Can a brother get a conference schedule already?!?!

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.047 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:12 PM