Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: need info on program        (Topic#385)
Anonymous 

01-07-05 03:05 PM - Post#2017    

I began following Dartmouth basketball this season. Can someone give me an objective thumbnail sketch of the program? Thanks.

d92 
Freshman

Reg: 11-24-04
Re: need info on program
01-09-05 08:10 PM - Post#2018    
    In response to

The program is in rebuilding mode. Dartmouth basketball has suffered 5 straight losing seasons under its old coach, Dave Faucher, with last season's 3-25 record as the low point. Faucher resigned at the end of last season.

People are optimistic that the new coach, Terry Dunn, can revive the program. He has vowed to install a motion offense and play more aggressively and up-tempo (Faucher ran a very deliberate offense that, IMO, wasn't very popular among fans and players). Despite the fact that the team's best returning player, Leon Pattman, quit the team early in the season, this year's team is clearly improved over last year. The team has some promising freshmen and Dunn's offense has gotten more production out of the primary post player (Gardner) and 3-pt shooter (Lang). However, the rebuilding is clearly a work in progress; IMO, the team has some clear deficiencies: ballhandling, rebounding, overall athleticism and lack of guys that can create their own shot. Dunn will certainly have to upgrade the recruiting if he wants to compete for an Ivy title. Anyway, that's my thumbnail sketch.

Anonymous 

Re: need info on program
01-10-05 05:35 PM - Post#2019    
    In response to d92

Thanks. I'll be optimistic with you about the future, and will be watching the scores.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.908 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:32 PM