Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Harvard - Dartmouth re-match        (Topic#386)
jonruns 

Reg: 12-20-04
01-07-05 10:02 PM - Post#2020    

Harvard won last week by a basket...Cus shook off the rust in the 1H and was more of a presence in the second...Callahan shot well even with a cast...Dartmouth has no more surprises...I see another high scoring game determined by a final shot...StanfordHarvard -- you nailed it last week, any thoughts this week??

Anonymous 

Re: Harvard - Dartmouth re-match
01-07-05 10:44 PM - Post#2021    
    In response to jonruns

With Cusworth back, I think Harvard is for real. But whether they win or not, it depends on his health. Harvard badly needs him.

jonruns 

01-08-05 08:19 PM - Post#2022    
    In response to

Here's my take on the game:

The key to this game is for Dartmouth to try to stop Harvard's Stehl and Cusworth who accounted for 50% of their team's points and rebounds last week...Dartmouth's 6' 10" center David Gardner is an inconsistent player but if he can have a big game vs Harvard's 7' Cusworth then Dartmouth could take this one...history is on Harvard's side as they have swept this home and away series four of the last five years...three of the L4 games have been decided by 2 points or less....Harvard hasn't played since last Sunday while Dartmouth got into action losing to Holy Cross by 73-52 but that margin of loss is a little deceiving as Dartmouth Coach Dunn used the game to give his bench players a lot of playing time...Dartmouth's bench outscored Harvard's bench by 25 last week...Gardner played well last week and vs Holy Cross, if he stays out of foul trouble tonite I think he'll have a big game...Dunn knows he needs this win or he's looking at 0-8 in the Ivy as four of next six league games are on the road and their two home games are vs Princeton and Penn...

Stripes 
Freshman
Stripes
Loc: Boston
Reg: 11-21-04
01-09-05 01:03 AM - Post#2023    
    In response to jonruns

Saw the game in Allston. I thought Gardner did a nice job inside on defense for the most part. It was on offense that I thought he was underutilized. He spends all game on offense posting up down low. But the Dartmouth guards don't get it in to him enough. When they did, he had a couple nice drop step moves and a couple passes out to an open shooter when the defense collapsed. Plus, it's more likely to get Cusworth in foul trouble. I think if Dartmouth can pound it in twice as much as they did in that game, they'll win the game. But if they keep it on the perimeter again, it will be tough to win.

internetter 
Postdoc

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Harvard - Dartmouth re-match: final
01-09-05 01:05 AM - Post#2024    
    In response to jonruns

Dartmouth 49, Harvard 46

Neither team made more than 33% of its FG attempts. Both did better with threes: Harvard 38%, Dartmouth 50%.

Cusworth played 35 minutes, netted 6; Gardner was in for 37, got 10.
west coast fan

jonruns 

01-09-05 01:16 AM - Post#2025    
    In response to internetter

Didn't follow the game but Gardner must have played pretty well: 5-9 from the field and 9 rebounds of which four were off the offensive glass...Cusworth got a lot of rebounds but couldn't put the ball in the hole (3-11)...Callahan didn't shoot as well as he did last week going just 2-11...McLaren stepped up and went 4-5 from the arc...

picknroll 
Freshman

01-09-05 02:35 AM - Post#2026    
    In response to jonruns

Rogus took a 3 with :12 that went in and out. He had a hand in his face, but it was a makeable shot for him. I thought it was in.
Gardner rebounded and defended very well but still had some trouble finishing. He did, however, finish better than Cusworth.
I thought Chuck Flynn was a big key to the game. He held Rogus (8 pts) pretty well in check, had three of D's last four buckets and some big rebounds. Also had a beautiful kick-out assist on a McLaren 3 in the first half.
At one point in the second half Dartmouth had Flynn, Ball and McMillan on the floor at the same time. Bodes well for the future. When McMillan learns to finish he looks like he could be solid.
Had to chuckle reading the play by play: Jon Blakley was credited with an offensive rebound late in the first half; apparently that sharp-looking suit he was wearing at the end of the bench did not impede his range of motion or jumping ability.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.221 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:14 PM