Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Yale guarantees Ivy title        (Topic#409)
BRHPr91 
goober
BRHPr91
Loc: Rochester, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
01-11-05 02:01 PM - Post#2158    

Just happened to notice at the bottom of this article...

Quote:

As for Ivy League play, which does not begin until Sat., Jan. 22 against Brown, the Bulldogs are not bashful about setting their sights high. "We'll win the Ivies," Upshaw said. Draughan was equally direct: "I'm coming in knowing that we're going to win the championship," he said.

The fans may or may not like a lot of passing, but I know they don't like losing. -- Pete Carril

YaleEli 
goober

Loc: Greenwich, CT
Reg: 12-07-04
Re: Yale guarantees Ivy title
01-11-05 02:38 PM - Post#2159    
    In response to BRHPr91

What do you think they are supposed to say: "Yeah, Princeton or Penn (or Brown, Columbia, etc...)should kick our a** this Ivy League season to win the title." Huh?!?

I like it when Yale BB players are confident of their abilities to compete for the league title; this team is battled-tested, and is an upperclassmen led group. While their non-league record absolutely sucks, I know there is not a team in the Ivy League that will compare to some of the teams they have played to date (Wake Forest, UMass, Boston College, UNC Charlotte).

Ultimately, they get a chance in less than two weeks to back up their words.

Brian Martin 
Masters Student
Brian Martin
Loc: Washington, DC
01-11-05 02:43 PM - Post#2160    
    In response to YaleEli

They lost two home games to Patriot League teams. Unless they think the Ivy League is much worse than the Patriot League, they should be talking about how much better they have to be, not how good they think they are.

BRHPr91 
goober
BRHPr91
Loc: Rochester, NY
01-11-05 08:07 PM - Post#2161    
    In response to YaleEli

I don't have a problem with saying "we're CONFIDENT we CAN win the league" or something of that nature.

But saying "I KNOW we're GOING to win the league"?

I don't think that was wise.
The fans may or may not like a lot of passing, but I know they don't like losing. -- Pete Carril

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.455 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:47 PM