Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Penn on ESPN        (Topic#4184)
mshimmy 
Sophomore
mshimmy
Loc: Miami, FL
Reg: 11-22-04
11-03-06 09:13 PM - Post#23922    

Good to see that the UNC game will be on ESPN. Hopefully this will not deter anyone from making the trip down for the game. (Of course, the rest of the country will be fully engrossed in college football and probably not paying much attention to colllege basketball that week.)

A few other thoughts on the recently-released television schedule:

1. So let me get this straight. Syracuse's ONLY non-televised game the entire year is against us (and the rest of the BCA)? Poop-on-me.

2. It kind of stinks that ESPN usually fulfills their obligatory Big 5 Palestra game with Joes vs. Nova. It would be pretty sweet to have a Big 5 home game on national television.

3. Penn vs. Princeton on ESPNU is pretty cool because I get to watch the game at a bar rather than sitting alone at my computer. However, it would be nice to get the exposure of ESPN or ESPN2.

4. And on that note... if you're only going to show one of the two Penn-Princeton's, why not show the one at the Palestra? I know people are going to say that they do not want to take the chance of missing what could be a potential Ivy championship game. However, an extra 30 seconds of research would reveal that there is a greater than 50% chance that the game will not matter in the standings (I hope it doesn't). In fact, correct me if I'm wrong, but the second Penn-Princeton game has not mattered since the three-way tie in 2001-2002. Plus, the Palestra atmosphere might be...oh... about 100 times better than that at Jadwin. Enough complaining though, let's just beat their butts.
"Our team will win our next 10 games in a row. I know that." Judson Wallace, February 8, 2005 http://www.letsgoquakers.com/02082005PrincetonatPenn.mpg

DCAJedi 
Masters Student

Loc: Somewhere.
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Penn on ESPN
11-04-06 01:57 AM - Post#23923    
    In response to mshimmy

the game is during rivalry week. espn considers illinois-michigan to be more of a rivalry *cough*ratings grab*cough* than penn-princeton.
"Here will be an old abusing of God's patience, and the king's English."

Penn94 
PhD Student

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Penn on ESPN
11-04-06 02:42 AM - Post#23924    
    In response to DCAJedi

Also, as I think has been mentioned before, CN8 holds the rights to P-P at the Palestra.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.363 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:47 PM