Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: W 66-61        (Topic#45)
ballfan01 
goober
ballfan01
Loc: New England
Reg: 11-21-04
11-24-04 01:39 AM - Post#182    

A very well-coached team has emerged in Hanover, that is the first noteworthy event. It was a hard fought game.

I'm looking forward to Terry and what he has in store for the rest of the season for these boys.

Well done Coach.
I bleed green.

d92 
Freshman

Reg: 11-24-04
Re: W 66-61
11-24-04 02:19 AM - Post#183    
    In response to ballfan01

If the box score I saw is correct, true to his word, Dunn played Gardner almost the entire game and he led the team in shots, points & rebounds. Nice to have the frosh contribute and see the team fight back from an early deficit. It's just one game, but I think I sense a difference already.

ballfan01 
goober
ballfan01
11-24-04 03:07 AM - Post#184    
    In response to d92

Dave did play the entire game save a time when McMillan subbed b/c Dave got smacked in the eye. Lots of rotation off the bench, Dunn probably trying to see what he's got to work with while he's got actual competition and not team scrimmage.
I bleed green.

Anonymous 

11-24-04 01:31 PM - Post#185    
    In response to ballfan01

Differences that I noticed looking at the box score:

- Only 11 three pointers attempted, with a respectable four of them made. Hey, we have a real offense!

- BDG (Big David Gardner - tm Dunn) leading the team in scoring and rebounding, and shooting more than 50%. Very good sign for a guy who had trouble finishing early in his career.

- McLaren started, but only attempted two shots.

- Ball had 10 points and four boards in 20 minutes. I'm hoping we get to see a lot more of him.

- Pattman hit double digits, but only shot 3/10. It's too early to tell from one game, but it'll be interesting to see how he performs with the injury issues.

- Arnold played a nice, balanced game. Shot 50% (75% inside the arc), a few boards, some assists, and a block. That's the kind of game he needs to play, except I'd like to see him take more shots. He's going to be a big factor for Dartmouth this season.

All in all, a fine first outing. Now, let's get some more!

-The Ghost

ballfan01 
goober
ballfan01
11-24-04 05:49 PM - Post#186    
    In response to

Huge differences. Different team all together. Different attitude. We've got plays to run on offense, double picks, screens; we've got a press break, no more running off lots of shot clock bringing the ball up. We've got some nice help D. Rebounding a LOT more than years past and definitely a lot less 3s.

JBall will have a good season going on his performance in this game.

Arnold needs to do one thing...get BIG and keep his hands on the ball. Just needs to be a tad stronger IMO.

Leon will be alright. Still not recovered from injury.

Looking forward to a good season. Keep working Green!
I bleed green.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.161 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:19 PM