Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: CU2 game        (Topic#455)
light blue heavy 
maximus
light blue heavy
Reg: 11-22-04
01-17-05 07:00 PM - Post#2445    

didnt see anything recent here, so I thought I'd put down my impressions on Cornell from their game at Columbia saturday.

1. How is this team not better at grabbing rebounds? they're huge! I know that Columbia crashes to boards someimes, but they should not be outrebounding ANYONE with the lineup they were using, especially with Nwachukwu sitting.

2. Rourke didn't play, which I was surprised by. Is he hurt? What's up?

3. The bench goes a heck of a lot deeper than it did last year for the big red. Behind Columbia, they probably have the best distribution of minutes of anyone in the league. Furthermore, the talent on the team is pretty evenly distributed. I didnt think they dropped off much when the reserves came in.

4. If Will Scott plays the way he did last night, he will be a candidate for rookie of the year. He was hot from outside and played a pretty complete game.

5. Its true- Toppert and Collins cannot create their own shots, but Toppert can shoot. I was impressed with him.

internetter 
Postdoc

Loc: Los Angeles
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: CU2 game
01-17-05 07:10 PM - Post#2446    
    In response to light blue heavy

Lenny Collins can't play a worse game in Ithaca than he did in NYC. His performance (1 of 10 FGs, 3 RBs), almost as much as the Lions' 3-point barrage, was the key to the BR loss.
west coast fan

Bob S. 

Loc: New York
Reg: 11-26-04
01-18-05 02:36 AM - Post#2447    
    In response to internetter

I would agree as Lenny Collins goes-so does Cornell. Cornell is tall-yes-but outside of Taylor and Oliverson-none of them are space eaters. I have to admit that they miss Gabe Stevenson's rebounding more than I thought they would.

CUSequence 
Freshman

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Reg: 12-06-04
01-18-05 03:18 PM - Post#2448    
    In response to Bob S.

Oliverson has barely played this season before the last game against Columbia. In fact, I think he scored his first basket of the year against them. No idea why Rourke did not play. Collins is definitely a key part, in the absence of a "go-to guy". This team is still trying to figure out who to give the ball to in the clutch. A competitive team this year, and will be interesting to see Collins rebound at home. Cornell has not rebounded very well in any games I've seen this year, and it suffers the most from 6-10 minute lapses where they have poor shot selection and a very passive offense. When they create plays, they are very good...when only one player moves, they tend to fall apart.

jabari 

Loc: United States
Reg: 11-28-04
01-19-05 05:21 AM - Post#2449    
    In response to light blue heavy

Rourke got hurt in the Dayton game. Collins tries to do things that are beyond his athletic ability. Forces too many shots and gets into trouble with turnovers. Rebounding is poor because there is no physical presence other than Taylor.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.425 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:20 AM