Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: BR swamps Lions        (Topic#490)
internetter 
Postdoc

Loc: Los Angeles
Reg: 11-21-04
01-22-05 09:27 PM - Post#2591    

Columbia 18 29 47 Final

Cornell 39 38 77
west coast fan

CUJacob 
Senior

Reg: 12-05-04
DOMINATION
01-22-05 09:44 PM - Post#2592    
    In response to internetter

wow, first i would like to thank columbia for playing an absolutely terrible game... turnovers, missed wide open threes, they were awful.

still, Cornell looked good. game balls to graham dow for an all-around strong effort, and will scott for back-to-back threes after columbia made a mini run to cut the lead to 16 early in the second half.

everybody played hard and contributed. real nice win for Cornell. hopefully we can pick up a sweep next weekend.

Bob S. 

Loc: New York
Reg: 11-26-04
Re: DOMINATION
01-23-05 01:32 AM - Post#2593    
    In response to CUJacob

Good all around effort. Naeve is starting to play with confidence which is a plus. I also believe that Will Scott is the best pure shooter on the team. I also like Donahue's nine man rotation. On the other hand Columbia had one of those bad games that happens to teams every once in a while-Kansas against Villanova for example.

stump 
Sophomore

Reg: 01-23-05
01-23-05 11:18 AM - Post#2594    
    In response to Bob S.

Great defense by the Big Red. Eric Taylor did a great job on Matt Preston. Preston was very frustrated. Taylor also got key rebounds, and Columbia had a tough time guarding him on the other end. The offense was very patient, and the subs picked up the scoring when Lenny couldn't get it going. I thought David Lisle played a good all-around game. Ryan Rourke had a quiet 13 points, and it seemed like Columbia couldn't handle him on offense. He's tall but quick to the basket, which is something that is a difficult matchup for Columbia.

charcoal 
Junior

Loc: Dallas
Reg: 11-21-04
01-24-05 01:06 AM - Post#2595    
    In response to stump

Did Rourke make that much of a difference, or can the Red play with anyone? Until this game, I had the awful 5-9 blues. If one is very optimistic, Cornell looks like it can maybe even turn that around, with sweeps of H, D, Y and B at least possible, or substitute a Penn split for a 1:1 in one of those. Not likely, but at least there now is hope.

CUSequence 
Freshman

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Reg: 12-06-04
01-24-05 01:35 AM - Post#2596    
    In response to charcoal

Rourke makes a big difference in rebounding from the games I saw earlier this year...he also gets some offensive rebounds, which enables the Red to get another body and presence inside, something severely lacking many years in the recent past.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.385 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 01:30 AM