Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Four reasons Penn will win the league....        (Topic#513)
SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
Re: Four reasons Penn will win the league....
01-28-05 07:18 PM - Post#2747    
    In response to JerryH

I haven't seen Princeton that much this year, but when I have seen them, I've also been impressed by how much Greenman seems to be Scott's eyes and ears on the court. And the defensive point is a good one. For whatever reason, Greenman seems to play bigger than the recent Penn equivalent player, David Klatsky.

If Greenman v. Oz determines who has more talent, these teams are close enough that nobody should be able to finish off the argument.

TigerDave 
goober

Reg: 11-21-04
01-28-05 09:14 PM - Post#2748    
    In response to SomeGuy

I have no problem saying that Greenman and Oz are close in terms of talent. My original complaint was about the blanket statement that "Penn's players are better than Princeton's." I think the truth is that the talent level is close between the two teams. Most people if choosing a starting five from between the two teams would pick a couple from each.

Quote:

I haven't seen Princeton that much this year, but when I have seen them, I've also been impressed by how much Greenman seems to be Scott's eyes and ears on the court. And the defensive point is a good one. For whatever reason, Greenman seems to play bigger than the recent Penn equivalent player, David Klatsky.

If Greenman v. Oz determines who has more talent, these teams are close enough that nobody should be able to finish off the argument.

Mike Porter 
Postdoc
Mike Porter
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
01-29-05 12:04 AM - Post#2749    
    In response to TigerDave

I would agree with this... I always liked Venable's game and I am a big fan of a healthy Andre Logan. I like our guys on the team this year a lot, but at the same time I think its a little silly to make a blanket statement like "Penn's players are better than Princeton's."

-Mike
Quote:

I have no problem saying that Greenman and Oz are close in terms of talent. My original complaint was about the blanket statement that "Penn's players are better than Princeton's." I think the truth is that the talent level is close between the two teams. Most people if choosing a starting five from between the two teams would pick a couple from each.

Quote:

1LotteryPick1969 
Postdoc
1LotteryPick1969
Loc: Sandy, Utah
01-29-05 07:36 AM - Post#2750    
    In response to Mike Porter

Actually, and with deep regret, I think you are absolutely correct in all of your assessments. I think Princeton is in deep trouble in the Ivies this year. To give Penn the "edge" at power forward is a gross understatement, and similarly with regard to depth. Penn just keeps coming at you with quality players off the bench, and Princeton doesn't really have a power forward. (Logan "back in the day" was more of a small forward)
I also think that Scott's coaching is a step down from Thompson's, something you failed to mention. The team is very hesitant to shoot, and this will REALLY hurt them against Penn. It also seems that his defensive scheme did not work as well against Brown.

x10 

Reg: 11-30-04
01-31-05 01:11 PM - Post#2751    
    In response to x10

What happened this weekend.
Penn's "better than Princeton" players crushed Yale and Brown.
Judson Wallace disappeared.
A Princeton team feeling bulletproof showed up Friday night.
There was no Harrison Schaen to shut down Brown in crunch time.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 1.184 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:39 PM