Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Mark McAndrew        (Topic#5213)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
02-13-07 02:00 PM - Post#30234    

Wow. I would never, never have picked Mark to be having the type of season he's having. He is playing unbelieveably well, and has been one of the league's very top players. Earlier in the season, I felt he was a poor man's Grandieri. Now, I'm not so sure he isn't a richer version.

From BrownBears.com:
"McAndrew leads the Ivy League in scoring with 20.4 points per game in league games, and in three-point field goals with 23. He also ranks second in the league in field goal percentage (.561) and free throw percentage (.923). "

He's also shooting 50% from three (23/46), and is 10th in overall rebounding.

What a bright spot for this team, and I just love how he plays. Not pretty, just gritty.

For the record, I think Damon's having a terrific season too, but he's where you'd almost expect him to be. But for Mark to come off the bench to gaining serious first team consideration is astounding to me.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

SFlaQuaker 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Mark McAndrew
02-13-07 02:06 PM - Post#30235    
    In response to Bruno

It's rare that I'm excited to see a visiting Ivy player for the first time, but McAndrew is on the list (especially after you made a Grandieri comparison). Granted the first time a kid plays in the Palestra isn't always a great indication of his true ability, but I'm looking forward to seeing him in a few weeks anyway.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.303 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:28 AM