Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Well, well. Look who's a top half team.        (Topic#5302)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
02-19-07 01:49 AM - Post#30858    

Hey, 4-6 is nothing to celebrate, but coming off a weekend of very nice performance at home, and seeing us tied for 4th, I feel good about where the Bears are.

I do feel this team can beat anyone in this league - this year.

Another nice McAndrew game (double-double), and nice balanced scoring load. Looks like the defense was great, and that Dartmouth had an off night from the field.

After two more home games, I'm thinking this team could be 6-6. Let's see how they respond to some momentum.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
Re: Well, well. Look who's a top half team.
02-19-07 06:42 PM - Post#30859    
    In response to Bruno

It's been Brown's fate to be underestimated, and it's been hard to argue it should be otherwise given Brown's record for the first 40 years of the Ivy League (I'll even include Football for the purposes of this discussion). But I don't believe it's been correct to do so over the last ten years. I do believe, however, it's been the fans doing the underestimating, not necessarily the other Ivy caoches.

Given that this is Robinson's first head position, I might understand taking a wait and see attitude. But, I would suggest that you might now appreciate that the Bears are a force to contend with, and will continue to be so. The Miller years were not an aberration. Two or more wins this year wouldn't shock me and I would point out we only have one Senior playing any significant minutes.

Pete Smith 
Senior

Reg: 11-24-04
02-19-07 10:10 PM - Post#30860    
    In response to Old Bear

My two cents worth is that Brown is hands down the forth best team in the league this year (behind Penn, Yale and Cornell) and will be in the top 4 with those same three teams next year, too. Of course, in pretty short order they get to prove us right or wrong as they meet Columbia this weekend.

Counsellor 

Reg: 11-27-04
02-23-07 02:13 AM - Post#30861    
    In response to Pete Smith

Brown can beat Columbia at home on Fri. nite and Princeton away next weekend, but not Penn at the Palestra or a strong Cornell team at home on Sat.nite...Cornell was outstanding in a losing effort against Penn last Sat. nite...Penn really stepped it up to overcome the strong Cornell effort..that Nieves kid from Cornell is outstanding and will be too much for Brown to handle and Penn's Zoller, Jaber, Grandieri and several others are too much for Brown to handle..it will be a 15-20 point loss in Pa. (this year)-Robinson is not only a coach but a great teacher...Miller was a coach but not a teacher.

SFlaQuaker 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
02-23-07 02:19 AM - Post#30862    
    In response to Counsellor

You mean Naeve?

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-23-07 04:12 PM - Post#30863    
    In response to Counsellor

Funny -- I'm pretty sure I've heard some Penn people make the same comment about Dunphy and Miller.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.225 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:10 PM