Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Report from the game        (Topic#535)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
01-29-05 02:54 PM - Post#2874    

What a great night to be visiting Princeton. I thought Brown played great and that Princeton seemed off balance all night in a very back and forth game.

I was impressed with the composure Brown kept in the game, especially after a 19 day layoff. The freshmen played some big minutes - although collectively less minutes than in the pre-season. Ruscoe and Forte were calming influences. It didn't hurt that the 4,000 person crowd seemed light and quiet, either.

Brown was at its best when they were moving the ball on offense. They went on a number of small runs over the course of the game, and each run was facilitated by great ball movement. Forte had a nice all around game, and Ruscoe hit big shot after big shot. The times when the offense stalled was when Forte dribbled too much, tried to force penetration. Fortunately, it was more of the former than the latter.

What was amazing to me is not only how well Brown shot (~60%), but that almost none of the shots were bad shots. The offense got good looks against one of the nation's top defenses, including more layups than I've ever seen them get vs. Princeton. Nifty looks inside from Forte and Huffman to Ruscoe, PJ (who played a pretty big game) and Becker yielded some easy buckets. Additionally, Brown got a number of open threes - which they hit at a higher clip than normal. In all, despite the low scoring, it was a great night for offensive efficiency, even with Brown missing 7 of 14 FTs.

Defensively, Brown was very good, but Princeton just plain missed some shots. They missed open threes and a few easy layup opportunities down low. Venable was forcing the ball, and Wallace wasn't forcing enough. They just looked off kilter - and still lost despite a few last-second heave threes with the shot clock winding down that fell.

Great, great night for Brown. Can the Bears earn their first P's road sweep ever tonight?
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.215 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:04 AM