Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Tonight Will Be A Different Story        (Topic#536)
foehi 
Masters Student

Reg: 12-22-04
01-29-05 03:00 PM - Post#2875    

Penn will be a tougher opponent. They are stronger up front and deeper all over than Princeton. If Forte is hot again, it will be close, but you all should be very pleased with a 1-1 weekend.

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
Oh?
01-29-05 03:13 PM - Post#2876    
    In response to foehi

You must mean like last year. When Penn was favored to win both games (I believe the line at the Palestra was Penn giving something close to 20), but then lost both?

Maybe you're right. Penn, with the venue, talent and home crowd, probably shouldn't lose tonight. And after last year's losses, this is probably the game they've been waiting for. This is the most important game of their season, after last night's Brown win.

But I bet they're more than a little worried.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
Re: Tonight Will Be A Different Story
01-29-05 04:06 PM - Post#2877    
    In response to foehi

Pleased with 1-1, overjoyed with 2-0. Jake's Blog is right about the respect quotes, but I don't think they came from this board. After last year's sweep, I think the Penn fans have had more respect for Brown/Miller than other Ivy's fans generally, particularly Princeton and Columbia.

light blue heavy 
maximus
light blue heavy
Reg: 11-22-04
Re: Tonight Will Be A Different Story
01-29-05 08:34 PM - Post#2878    
    In response to Old Bear

as a columbia fan, i know i certainly have a lot of respect for brown as a program. i am still surprised at this win, of course, but not really shocked. i never really thought about their defense and rebounding, but against princeton it really excelled, and if thats the case they'll be tough to beat.

if brown can be the first team to sweep the p's on the road since 2002 i will be very surprised but not shocked. i am definately rooting for them. go bruno

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.176 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:49 AM