Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: WKCR on the Web        (Topic#539)
internetter 
Postdoc

Loc: Los Angeles
Reg: 11-21-04
01-29-05 05:36 PM - Post#2917    

Anyone have trouble accessing the basketball broadcasts using Real Player?
west coast fan

Anonymous 

Re: WKCR on the Web
01-29-05 08:30 PM - Post#2918    
    In response to internetter

Did anyone else hear the disgrace on the air at the end of the game?

I was listening on the radio, and the broadcasters announced they would interview Joe Jones and Matt Preston. They interviewed Jones, and right as they were about to interview Preston, the basketball feed faded out and jazz went straight over the air.

It sounded abrupt and unprofessional.

I immediately called the studio to find out what happened. A man picked up the phone and was incredulous to the fact that the Preston interview had been cut off. He then said "Well, sir, we're having a fundraiser. Would you like to contibute?"

What nerve!? Why would I want to contribute after they just cut my show off the air? No wonder they're hurting for money. They have no common sense.

I responded: "No. You just took the interview off the air. What the hell?" He didn't respond, so I just hung up in anger.

Matt Herman and the rest of the WKCR Board are clearly a bunch of clowns. They should replace their unlaundered tie-dye shirts with clown suits and big red noses. That would be more appropriate attire.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.229 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:51 AM