Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Cornell game Fri on web video *DELETED*        (Topic#581)
internetter 
Postdoc

Loc: Los Angeles
Reg: 11-21-04
02-04-05 05:44 AM - Post#3215    

Post deleted by internetter
west coast fan

Anonymous 

Re: Cornell game Fri on web video
02-04-05 10:34 AM - Post#3216    
    In response to internetter

hi, just wanted to let you know that there's a post on this subject already on the Cornell board...

http://www.basketball-u.com/ubbthreads/s...h=true#Post3200

no need for the duplicate post

Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
02-05-05 02:05 PM - Post#3217    
    In response to

Thanks Jeff. Finally - someone who's willing to police the rampant duplicate posts on the other boards...

...except for the fact that the Brown fans don't normally check the Cornell board.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Anonymous 

02-05-05 04:25 PM - Post#3218    
    In response to Bruno

I told you not to get your hopes up, teams that lose to Wright St. by 20 don't win Ivy championships.

Anyway, again Bruno, there's this functionality on the site called the "Active Topics" page. If you click on it, you see what everyone's talking about. During the Ivy season, when everyone plays everyone, this really comes in handy. There are no "boards"... as Lauryn Hill said, "Everything is Everything"

light blue heavy 
maximus
light blue heavy
Reg: 11-22-04
02-05-05 06:08 PM - Post#3219    
    In response to

I dont know, bruno and jeff- this strict orthodoxy to the 'active topics board is fine for us board-regulars, but the casual fan who just stops by to check out their team's board probably doesnt know that. Especially since the active topics link does not stand out.

I'm with internetter on this one: Its really not that much of a pain for me. Perhaps duplicate announcement posts should be marked with 'duplicate' so that active topics people dont waste their time.

On of the best things about this site, i believe, is that it makes a more in-depth support for teams accessable. People get to hear fairly well-educated opinions about their team (how many dartmouth newbies have we had this year just asking for a team roundup? 3-4? you have to figure there are a couple more for each of them, at least).

If the board wants to continue expanding, I think that it has to make its information accessible. Duplicate postings are one way to do that. Alternately, there could be an administrative message about the active topics board to everyone who joins.

If such a system already exists, I withdraw my support of duplicate posting!

Chip Bayers 
Professor
Chip Bayers
Loc: New York
02-05-05 06:47 PM - Post#3220    
    In response to light blue heavy

On The WELL, another message system I visit (which pre-dates the web, although it now has a web interface), hosts of various conferences have the ability to cross link. So if someone launches a topic about, say, advertising on the Super Bowl in the sports conference, the hosts of the media and business conferences can also link to it. That way the topic only exists once, but people who hang in any of the three conferences can view it and respond. Don't know if UBB.threads allows this, but it's worth investigating.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.224 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:58 PM