Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: '07-'08 Patriot League Gamebreakers        (Topic#5813)
BUPilot 
Masters Student
BUPilot
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Reg: 02-11-06
04-26-07 07:45 PM - Post#34941    

Things are a bit quiet lately so it's time for some more good old fashioned speculation about next year.

The question on the floor is - Who is the player on each Patriot League team that will most likely emerge as his team's #1 threat or 'Game breaker'? This person should be the player that opponents will most likely key their game planning on to prevent that person from beating them.

Obviously nobody knows how the incoming frosh will shake things up by the time the league's regular season rolls around.

That said, my early predictions are:

American - no clue with all the JUCOs that are coming into that program

Army - Jarrell Brown

Bucknell - Patrick Behan

Colgate - Kendall Chones

Holy Cross - Tim Clifford

Lafayette - not certain yet

Lehigh - Marquis Hall

Navy - Greg Sprink
Will Atlas shrug? Who is John Galt?

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Reg: 01-23-06
Re: '07-'08 Patriot League Gamebreakers
04-26-07 08:17 PM - Post#34942    
    In response to BUPilot

I'd agree with most of your picks. However, I don't think the Bison will have one player who is the "go to" guy who must be stopped. If they are going to be good, I think it will be a team effort with about nine guys willing to take the shots, depending on the defense. I expect the starting five at the start to be Griffin, Mastro, Behan, Castleberry, and Vegotsky, with Tyree and maybe Thomas having a chance to earn a starting wing spot. By January, all three frosh (especially Boon) could be in the mix for key minutes. Linthicum also has a shot to play 20 mpg. Even Evans, who played very few minutes this year, could be next year's Justin Castleberry. Who knows. About the only thing I'm sure about is that Griffin has the mentality to want to take the last shot. The problem is that his size and abilities only allow him to take what is there.

As for Lafayette, I think they too will be like the Bison in that it will be a team effort, for better or worse, with no one guy who a team has to stop. Clearly they won't be at the same level, however.

American's "gamebreaker" is likely to be Derrick Mercer, whose quickness allows him to penetrate and make something happen at a crucial moment, even though his size and mediocre long-range shooting limits him.

BUPilot 
Masters Student
BUPilot
Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Reg: 02-11-06
Re: '07-'08 Patriot League Gamebreakers
04-27-07 12:30 PM - Post#34943    
    In response to Bison137

Bucknell was the hardest one for me to try and pick because I don't see a specific "go to" guy on the team. But, I was trying to at least name someone who I thought had the best possibility of emerging as that person.

Either way, it should be an interesting season next year.
Will Atlas shrug? Who is John Galt?

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.192 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:47 PM