Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Huge win at Columbia!        (Topic#601)
YaleEli 
goober

Loc: Greenwich, CT
Reg: 12-07-04
02-05-05 07:27 PM - Post#3370    

I never thought that I would be as happy after a win as I am with the defeat of Columbia. It was a must win game for the Elis.

I thought that Yale's games on the road this season prepared them for a hostile environment at the "Lion's Den". Draughan, Caleb Holmes and Eric Flato played huge for us.

If we can continue to get support from our freshman, we should be in good shape for the Ivy League stretch run.

P.S.: I thought the Columbia student section was great Friday night while I watched the game on the YES Network. Every time Edwin Draughan touched the basketball, they shouted out "Steven Urkell" (although he does remind some of the former TV sitcom star). This may have backfired against them since he came up big down the stretch.

RickDickJauron 
RickDickJauron
Loc: San Francisco, Calif.
Reg: 12-02-04
Followed by crushing, agonizing loss at Cornell.
02-07-05 06:24 PM - Post#3371    
    In response to YaleEli

Just thought I'd add a dose of reality to that last post.

It could be worse. We could be Princeton.
"Now again... You've got... If he's going to call personal foul on Yale..."

YaleEli 
goober

Loc: Greenwich, CT
Reg: 12-07-04
Re: Followed by crushing, agonizing loss at Cornell.
02-07-05 06:51 PM - Post#3372    
    In response to RickDickJauron

I was thinking the same thing as the scores were posted on espn Saturday night. A split was manageable; a sweep would have been devastating and led to calls for Coach Jones' head.

I think this team will experience these types of hot/cold games the rest of the season. It won't be fun to watch at times, but we need to continue support of this relatively veteran team.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.221 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:49 PM