Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Geoff Kestler - observations        (Topic#602)
RPG 
RPG
Reg: 12-13-04
02-05-05 08:17 PM - Post#3373    

Tiger fans, I offer you a respite from the post-Dartmouth soul searching...

I had the chance to see Princeton recruit Geoff Kestler play last night, albeit on a lousy local television channel and not in person. It was an important game between two big-school rivals. Geoff scored 24 points in regulation, leading all scorers, and sent the game into overtime with a pull-up three. He scored 10 total points in the fourth quarter, when he did a bit of everything. He struggled a bit, however, in overtime, making just one of four free throws and missing two big threes. He finished the game, a loss, with a total of 25 points.

Kestler has a reputation as a shooter (he's listed as a shooting guard on the recruiting page), so he surprised me most with his ability to drive. He must have drawn half a dozen floor fouls by beating his man off the dribble, and until the fourth quarter, he earned most of his points on layups and short shots created off the dribble. He has a nice stroke, though, from both the free throw line and the field. I can't say for sure whether he'll star for the Tigers, but he has a nice game and should be a "ready" freshman. I can see him as a Kyle Wente type, perhaps.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.591 seconds.   Total Queries: 20   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:39 PM