Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Sweep - Phenomenal!        (Topic#612)
CUSequence 
Freshman

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Reg: 12-06-04
02-06-05 02:30 AM - Post#3455    

Anyone have details? Looks like I will be looking forward to cheering next week in Philly...

Way to go Red!

CUJacob 
Senior

Reg: 12-05-04
Re: Sweep - Phenomenal!
02-06-05 04:07 AM - Post#3456    
    In response to CUSequence

I was splitting time between the hockey and basketball games, but I saw the end of regulation plus all of both overtimes. CU was down 5 late in the first overtime but rallied on a bucket by Rourke (breakout game from him- 22 and 12, and he needs to keep that up if CU is to be a contender) and a huge three by collins largely because several yale defenders leaped out at toppert to deny him the three.

The second overtime featured more clutch hoops by collins, an inside score by Naeve (love that guy) and good free throw shooting down the stretch to ice it.

What a difference a year makes... last year CU lost close games at home to Y/B... a different story this year. Huge props to Coach Donahue and the team.

Judgement week approaches- hopefully CU can take the next step forward with a strong performance @ the Ps.

Bob S. 

Loc: New York
Reg: 11-26-04
02-06-05 04:18 AM - Post#3457    
    In response to CUJacob

Great team effort. You gotta love Lenny Collins and his clutch shooting from outside. The only downside that I have seen from the Red is that have trouble stopping players who can create their own shots: Forte and Draughan for example. Cornell has some really nice depth coming off the bench and it helped them win this game in double o/t. They were not winning these close ones last year. A split on the upcoming Penn/Princeton weekend would be nice.

CUSequence 
Freshman

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Reg: 12-06-04
02-06-05 03:24 PM - Post#3458    
    In response to CUJacob

I agree on Rourke...sounds like an incredible game for him, and definitely necessary to take pressure off of Collins and get more inside threat, especially coming up next weekend...I really hate playing at Jadwin...

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.163 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:55 AM