Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Princeton post-game remarks say it all        (Topic#624)
Ugokoko 

Reg: 02-06-05
02-07-05 06:02 AM - Post#3521    

The below remarks validate many of the Princeton fan's complaints- Scott and his seniors obviously don't see eye to eye. How defeatist to already talk about the NIT. Lastly, good to see Judson wants to win out but he can't honestly believe what he's saying. The Palestra will be rocking on Tuesday and I say Penn by 14.

From the Times after the Harvard game:
"I would always accept an NIT bid - always," Scott said.

It's puzzling how in February Scott is still talking about getting a veteran team to play his style of basketball - a patient offense with lots of 3-point shots and an intense matchup zone - but that shortcoming may explain their meltdown over the last two weekends, when they have lost to Brown, Dartmouth and Harvard.

"The question for our seniors is, are they going to throw the towel in," Scott said.

"From a technical standpoint, I saw improvement this weekend. We got nothing to show for it in the column that matters. Now it's a matter of whether we're going to fight and fight. I know Noah Savage is going to fight. And I've got confidence that our younger guys are going to fight. We need our seniors to keep fighting and fighting and fighting."

"I have confidence in my team," said one of the seniors, center Judson Wallace. "I might get in trouble fast, but our team will win our next 10 games in a row. I know that."

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.231 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:26 AM