Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: One step forward, two back        (Topic#6437)
Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
11-15-07 03:46 PM - Post#38449    

After a good start at EMU, we now have had two dissapointing performances. The Bears played a poor first half at Michigan and a good first 10 minutes against URI; after that, URI's size, speed and athleticism overwhelmed. Robinson indicated we was upset with the offensive execution, way too mant turnovers. URI is predicted to chalange Xavier in the A-10 and this looks well justified to me, Will Daniels is draftable. Brown missed a bunch of layups, some easy, some not so easy. Uncharacteristically, McAndrew and MacDonald were the biggest offenders. This might have affected the margin, but I doubt it had an impact on the outcome.

Everyone's favorite, Joe DeMayo, did his utmost to call attention to himself, and while he made some very questionable calls (he stopped play on a clean URI break-away because the Brown played slipped after the the play began, and he made URI inbound to ball a second time). Overall, he was generally evenhanded.

I am confidant that Robinson will find ways to inprove the offensive executition. On the bright side, a number of the Frosh saw floor time, with Williams and Sullivan getting the most. Williams impressed and Kelly did, as well, in a briefer role. Scott Friske seems to be taking a step forward which is a very good sign.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.441 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:59 PM