Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: What would Princeton's....        (Topic#666)
nix23 
goober

Loc: NJ
Reg: 11-21-04
02-10-05 05:04 PM - Post#3867    

What do you think Prineton's Ivy League record would be right now if JT III were still coaching the team?
I think that they would be 5 - 0.

Red n Blue 
Masters Student
Red n Blue
Loc: South Jersey
Reg: 11-29-04
Re: What would Princeton's....
02-10-05 07:02 PM - Post#3868    
    In response to nix23

They might have lost a game when Wallace's back bothered him. And it's impossible to know what would have happened at Penn. The huge lead that Princeton built up may have been as much Scott (I can assure you, he thinks the lead was due to his coaching) as the ultimate collapse. Scott said that first half was his vision of Princeton BBall. So Princeton could have been 3-2. It's probably not fair to assume everything would go their way so 4-1 seems to me a fair W-L expectation if JTIII was still coaching. JTIII was a very good coach, as Princeton and Georgetown fans are now learning.

sparman 
PhD Student
sparman
Reg: 12-08-04
Re: What would Princeton's....
02-10-05 10:15 PM - Post#3869    
    In response to Red n Blue

Thanks for the assurance, but frankly I doubt anyone who hasn't spoken to him directly knows what he's really thinking.

As for JTIII, I agree he is a fine coach, but while there were some questions asked (including by me at times), most PU fans last year accepted this as the "net-net." Based on skeptical posts last year following one close win after another, and even still, I believe it would be more accurate to say "as Penn and Georgetown fans are now learning."

http://www.basketball-u.com/ubbthreads/s...amp;page=0#3372

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.225 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:08 PM