Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Uh... a friend sent me this        (Topic#671)
light blue heavy 
maximus
light blue heavy
Reg: 11-22-04
02-11-05 01:49 PM - Post#3900    

http://www.playboy.com/on-campus/collegebars/westend/

Funny, they don't mention the whole 'getting raided for underage drinking thing'.

Then again, that's part of the charm.

It's upscale for a college bar? By upscale, do they just mean expensive?

The Lion King 
Senior

Reg: 11-21-04
Columbia defeats Penn
02-11-05 02:20 PM - Post#3901    
    In response to light blue heavy

In antiquity, that is. According to playboy.com, Columbia is "the fifth oldest college in the nation." I guess that settles the how-old-is-Penn debate once and for all. I mean, if you can't trust playboy.com, who can you trust?

On the other hand, the item goes on to say that the West End is "surrounded by one of the most refined and genteel neighborhoods in the country." If that were true, they wouldn't let me live there. Whoever wrote that obviously hasn't spent much time hanging out in front of Koronet Pizza.

Of course, there are those who will say that Moravian College, in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, should also be counted ahead of Columbia (and Princeton for that matter). According to moravian.edu, "Tracing its founding to 1742, it is recognized as America's sixth-oldest college, after Harvard (1636), William and Mary (1693), St. John's in Annapolis (1696), Yale (1701), and the University of Pennsylvania (1740)." (The postseason tournament debate on the Ivy League board seems to be petering out, so I figure we need another dead horse to flog.)

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.195 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:01 PM