Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Nice Baylor effort        (Topic#6772)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
01-08-08 11:00 PM - Post#40840    

I'm sorry, but were it not for remarkable three point shooting on the part of Baylor, Brown could have won this game. They shot 11-18, but their freshman Dunn was out of his mind with 27 points, hitting three after three after three - off balance, step back, you name it - to hold off Brown. It took a lot for Baylor to beat Brown by 10.

Credit Baylor for making shots, but they were more than a little lucky in this one.

Brown played a good game on the road in a tough place to play, outrebounding Baylor 30-24, and getting 15 assists on 20 fgs. In the end, they didn't get quite enough defensive pressure on Baylor, who despite hitting some great contested shots, took great care of the ball (only 8 TOs) and moved it pretty nicely all night.

I knew I shouldn't have shouted-out Damon, because every time I do, he follows it with a game like this one, with 5 TOs and 10 points on 3-11 shooting (1-7 from three). McAndrew had a great game with 22 points, 7 rebounds, and a steal. As for the frosh, Sullivan had a good effort with 11 and 6, and Morgan Kelly gave Brown a nice boost with 8 points off the bench.

I'm not certain why Mark MacDonald thinks he can post up bigger conference players, but he hurt Brown tonight trying to get that baby hook to fall - which it hasn't fallen in several games. He did do a nice job on the boars when he was in there though.

All told... 8-6 in the non-conference against this schedule... I'll take it. After this performance, Brown should be taking plenty of momentum in to the Ivy season.

LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
01-09-08 10:32 AM - Post#40850    
    In response to Bruno

I'm not big on moral victories but this won't hurt going into league play. Huffman was clearly the target of Baylor's D, but it was an off night for him. I was surprised Mullary saw so little time, he has been effective recently, but Kelly did a nice job. I'll agree that MacDonald took some ill-advised shots but we do need to show some inside scoring to keep the D honest. We did an effective inside job on Baylor's leading scorer but Dunn was 7-8 from 3 and was well covered. We could have used a little O from Skrelja too. All in all, I think this game was quite similar to Cornell's game with Duke.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
01-09-08 10:37 AM - Post#40851    
    In response to Old Bear

And another thing, outrebounding Baylor is no small feat.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.252 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 05:32 PM