Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Collapse ?        (Topic#687)
Colorado Tiger 
Sophomore

Loc: Colorado Springs, Colorad...
Reg: 02-12-05
Re: Collapse ?
02-12-05 11:44 PM - Post#3990    
    In response to bobmed

Are you suggesting that Princeton had not spent ANY time on offense since the beginning of the season? or that *since* the Yale game they have not spent any time on offense?

And in response to an ealier post, assuming a player is unlikely to criticize his coach in public as you suggest, it is reasonable to also assume he is unlikely to publicly confess his love for his coach if he in fact cannot stand him, fears him or has been abused by him as you claim.

Redfish 
Masters Student
Redfish
Loc: under a bridge in Phoenix...
Reg: 11-26-04
Actually, it's the inability to handle the press
02-13-05 01:55 PM - Post#3991    
    In response to puck

And that weakness lies with the point guard.

Warrior 

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Reg: 11-22-04
Re: Actually, it's the inability to handle the press
02-13-05 02:56 PM - Post#3992    
    In response to Redfish

Quote:

And that weakness lies with the point guard.

Just imagine how bad it would be if Osmundson was running the point... the horrors...

sparman 
PhD Student
sparman
Reg: 12-08-04
02-14-05 07:51 PM - Post#3993    
    In response to bobmed

Quote:

Princeton has never had a losing season in Ivy League play. We will this year.

I'm incurable optimist - after all, it's Valentine's Day, what would you be if you had 3 ex-wives? - but I believe there's an excellent chance the Tigers finish second or third with a 9-5 record.

And don't think Penn won't be a little nervous coming to Jadwin with their seeding on the line (yes, I'm afraid I see no chance they will blow up this season).

SFlaQuaker 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
02-14-05 07:59 PM - Post#3994    
    In response to sparman

Princeton could have an NIT bid on the line at the same time.

Red n Blue 
Masters Student
Red n Blue
Loc: South Jersey
Reg: 11-29-04
02-15-05 01:39 AM - Post#3995    
    In response to sparman

Quote:

I'm incurable optimist - after all, it's Valentine's Day, what would you be if you had 3 ex-wives? - but I believe there's an excellent chance the Tigers finish second or third with a 9-5 record.

Wow...you get that out of a win over a Columbia team that has lost four in a row? You think all the problems from the losses to Dartmouth, Harvard, Penn and Cornell are fixed and the Tigers will win out? That seems to be an awfully bold statement given the Tigers' recent troubles and the fact that much of the 2nd half of the season is on the road. I expect the Tigers may play better in the second half but winning 4 of 7 would be more in line with what I'd expect.

penn nation 
Professor

Reg: 12-02-04
02-15-05 02:33 AM - Post#3996    
    In response to SFlaQuaker

Funny to think that the Tigers currently have a better shot at an NCAA bid (Kate Moss slim, and growing more anorexic by the week) than an NIT bid (zero--can't possibly happen).

If nothing else, however, the seniors will make it tough for Penn in their swan song.

Quote:

Princeton could have an NIT bid on the line at the same time.

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-15-05 01:46 PM - Post#3997    
    In response to YaleEli

I think the key criteria for making Puck's list was actually beating Princeton. Yale is one of two teams who failed to do so, and after a competitive first half, it wasn't very close.

sparman 
PhD Student
sparman
02-15-05 05:34 PM - Post#3998    
    In response to Red n Blue

You're new around these parts, aren't you?

Modesty does not permit me to recount my many previous triumphant observations. Nor, as a Tiger, am I permitted to disclose the source of wisdom, but unfortunately, as a quaker, you are forever precluded from such access. There is hope for your children, however.

sparman 
PhD Student
sparman
02-15-05 05:45 PM - Post#3999    
    In response to puck

Red n Blue 
Masters Student
Red n Blue
Loc: South Jersey
Reg: 11-29-04
02-18-05 03:43 AM - Post#4000    
    In response to sparman

Quote:

You're new around these parts, aren't you?

Modesty does not permit me to recount my many previous triumphant observations. Nor, as a Tiger, am I permitted to disclose the source of wisdom, but unfortunately, as a quaker, you are forever precluded from such access. There is hope for your children, however.

Don't be so sure. You haven't met my children. At any rate, you're on the record and this should be a pretty good weekend to see if you are an oracle or a... non-oracle type thing.

And please, capitalize Quaker. It's only common courtesy. I would write, "The Tigers are in the cellar." But I would never write, "The tigers are in the cellar," because the latter would be disrespectful. Either that, or I would need to call animal control.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.245 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:47 AM