American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Premium
The Wire
Recruiting
Alumni
Username Post: PL: One Tight Race        (Topic#7008)
LU65 
Sophomore

Reg: 07-30-06
02-06-08 12:15 PM - Post#43023    

With 7 down and 7 to go before the PL Tourney, we're half way home in what has been for most of us (sorry BU and HC) a most exciting and hotly contest PL basketball season. Remember a year ago when HC ran their string to 11 in a row and stood atop the PL at 7-0 with BU the only team in sight at 6-1? Remember how it all ended up at season's end...two 13-1 teams (BU and HC) followed "closely behind" by two 7-7 teams (AU and LU)? Then, there were the also rans who finished: 5-9, 4-10, 4-10, and 3-11. What fun! Certainly not for those who appreciate competitive ball night in, night out. Well, that's not the case this year. The PL is doing just fine, thank you. We're holding onto the 19th spot in the RPI rankings of the nation's 32 conferences with individual team RPIs ranging from a high of 141 (Holy Cross) to a low of 280 (Navy). Sagarin tabs us as the 21st ranked conference with rankings running from a high of 158 (Holy Cross) to a low of 256 (Army). What's interesting to note about the Sagarin numbers is the fact that of all 32 conferences measured, the PL is most closely contested from top to bottom in terms of rating points. Holy Cross is rated 73.04 while Army comes in at 66.37. In no other conference across the land will you find a rating differential (6.97) so small. Yes, parity has arrived and I, for one, think it's great.

Here's a look at where we stand entering play tonight, including a view of road wins to date and road games remaining - a stat many view as key to order of finish.

Team/PL Record/PL Road Wins/Road Games Remaining

LC/5-2/2/4
AU/4-3/3/3
LU/4-3/2/3
BU4-3/1/5
CU/3-4/1/3
Navy/3-4/2/4
Army/3-4/3/2
HC/2-5/1/4

For those with PL All-Access, tune into tonight's games featuring AU @ HC, and BU @ CU.

Lehigh returns to action this weekend when they take on AU at Bender Arena.

CaliHawk 
Freshman

Reg: 01-23-06
02-06-08 10:44 PM - Post#43057    
    In response to LU65

I'm definitely starting to believe that an NCAA bid isn't out of the question for Lehigh. Up until Saturday we were as hot as anyone in the league. I know we weren't winning by big margins, but four straight wins is four straight wins. And in the Patriot League this year that's a really long streak.

He isn't putting up big numbers at all aside from the Stony Brook game but Buchberger has really impressed me when I've seen him play. I wouldn't mind seeing some more minutes for him. Speaking of minutes it's great to see what Carrington is doing with his increased minutes. His numbers in conference have been amazing.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.229 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:21 AM