Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Argh!        (Topic#7134)
Handsome Dan 
Freshman

Reg: 12-18-05
02-17-08 11:36 PM - Post#44035    

I tuned into ESPN Classic yesterday evening with great anticipation. Even after losing those three early games I felt like things had turned around and was looking forward to seeing a sweep of the P's on their home court.

It was all going according to plan until our team of upperclassmen couldn't hit a shot while a bunch of freshmen slapped a big run on us. As a Yale fan I've had a lot of punches in the gut over the last few years but this ranks up there. I mean if we're not going to win at Penn this year when is it ever going to happen?

I'm so disappointed to see this team at 4-4 in the league. I feel like only Cornell has talent on par with what we put out on the court and frankly I think we match up well with them, especially with our experience. It's just baffling to see this team getting blown out by a bad and young Penn team.

I'm not ready to call for Coach Jones' firing or anything, but if I haven't already lost faith in him I'm really close now. I feel like ever since the magical 01-02 season he hasn't come close to getting the most out of his talent.

We're out of it this year and the bad news is that aside from Zampier and Morin I really don't have much confidence in any of the returning guys next year. Looking ahead it's hard to see us contending for the title any time soon, unless Coach Jones has some standout recruits coming in.

Ok I'm done venting to whoever is actually reading this.

Captain Bildad 
Sophomore

Reg: 06-03-05
02-18-08 02:26 PM - Post#44079    
    In response to Handsome Dan

Well, you have at least one reader. But sorry, I read your anxiety with a certain schadenfreude.

The game was Ben Franklin's revenge on those Eli alums who would corrupt and distort the Constitution he worked so hard at creating!;-)

Get out the Skull and Boneheads to root and spook, and you might get your revenge back in New Haven. The ghosts of the Palestra protect old Ben against your spooks in the home of the Constitution yet.

But for all that, you beat one P in their own playground. Just remember that these bad freshmen from the other P are going to be around and getting better for 3 more years.

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
Re: Argh!
02-20-08 11:06 AM - Post#44294    

What about Travis Pinick? He seems to have wrangled a starting spot, and at the very least he seems to excel at dunking.

Chip Bayers 
Professor
Chip Bayers
Loc: New York
Reg: 11-21-04
02-20-08 04:43 PM - Post#44329    
    In response to SomeGuy

Pinick was so impressed with his own dunks I think he forgot he was supposed to contribute on the rest of Yale's offensive possessions: he was 1-3 on all other FGA. Plus 4 turnovers against 1 assist.

Handsome Dan 
Freshman

Reg: 12-18-05
Argh!
02-22-08 01:16 PM - Post#44452    
    In response to Chip Bayers

SomeGuy: You're right. I forgot to mention Travis, who I like a lot as a player and I think he'll be a major part of next year's team. I just don't know what we have beyond Zampier, Morin, and Pinick next season. I guess Braswell has showed glimpses of ability.

Chip Bayers: I wouldn't judge him just by that game. He's generally a very well rounded player who does many things to help the team win. Everyone has an off night.

palestra38 
Professor

Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Argh!
02-22-08 01:59 PM - Post#44456    

How about you guys simply sweeping this weekend and creating a race. Everything will be forgiven then.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.34 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:11 PM