Scouting Report
Photo Gallery
Historical Record
Loyola Media
The Greyhound
Baltimore Sun
Baltimore Examiner
 Page 8 of 11 « First<891011
Username Post: Loyola University?        (Topic#7333)
jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
Loc: New York
Reg: 07-20-06
Loyola University?
04-30-08 03:13 PM - Post#48528    
    In response to Lou

• Lou Said:
And as a separate question, am I the only one who goes straight to the back of those mags just in hopes of seeing that someone I know has an even crummier life than I do, yet still feels some strange desire to brag about that life to his/her former classmates?

and skip yet another feature article on the importance of "diversity" at Evergreen?

shame, shame...

Lou 
Masters Student
Lou
Loc: Atlanta
Reg: 07-19-06
Re: Loyola University?
04-30-08 03:48 PM - Post#48531    
    In response to jdp 94

• jdp 94 Said:
  • Lou Said:
And as a separate question, am I the only one who goes straight to the back of those mags just in hopes of seeing that someone I know has an even crummier life than I do, yet still feels some strange desire to brag about that life to his/her former classmates?

and skip yet another feature article on the importance of "diversity" at Evergreen?

shame, shame...

*** SPOILER ALERT ***
Locke is really a zombie.

No wait, wrong subject. Spoiler on the magazine... Loyola, obviously bucking all trends and trying to make its mark in an area where no one else is looking, IS DOING WHAT IT CAN TO SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT. Probably not by picking up all of the empties on Notre Dame Lane on the route from Butler to the liquor stores on York Road, but still doing plenty.

The bestest part is the title on the cover. Are you ready? (Wait for it...)

"Ever Green"

Nailed it.
Jesus loves me.
I don't give a f--- what the rest of you think.

Lou 
Masters Student
Lou
04-30-08 04:00 PM - Post#48533    
    In response to LoCo2011

• LoCo2011 Said:
on the stadium.. loyola will takeover the lacrosse locker rooms when lacrosse moves which doesn't sound like that big of a deal but the lax facilities are a lot nicer than the basketballs right now so that'll be a good upgrade for us even if it means lax is getting the real upgrade. supposedly lax and soccer (m & w) are being moved to the stadium... and reitz is supposed to go under construction this year as well.. so much so that the summer camps are being canceled for it.. lot of talk about stuff but only for sure things are the new green bleachers and a new floor. should look a little better.

I find this impossible to believe. I have been surfing the internet long enough to know that for every positive action taken on behalf of the lax program there is an equal and opposite negative result for the hoops team. So how is it possible that building this stadium could actually be for the good of the entire school and its sports program, including basketball?

Kidding aside, good stuff. Thanks for the info. Honestly, I don't care either way. I am just excited for the opportunity to try a new response next time the phone-a-thon calls.

"Sorry, but I already made a $5 million donation to the new stadium anonymously."
Jesus loves me.

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
04-30-08 09:17 PM - Post#48540    
    In response to Lou

• Lou Said:
  • jdp 94 Said:
  • Lou Said:

shame, shame...

*** SPOILER ALERT ***
Locke is really a zombie.

No wait, wrong subject. Spoiler on the magazine... Loyola, obviously bucking all trends and trying to make its mark in an area where no one else is looking, IS DOING WHAT IT CAN TO SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT. Probably not by picking up all of the empties on Notre Dame Lane on the route from Butler to the liquor stores on York Road, but still doing plenty.

The bestest part is the title on the cover. Are you ready? (Wait for it...)

"Ever Green"

Nailed it.

okay, i laughed out loud on that one...

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
04-30-08 09:21 PM - Post#48541    
    In response to Lou

• Lou Said:
  • LoCo2011 Said:
on the stadium.. loyola will takeover the lacrosse locker rooms when lacrosse moves which doesn't sound like that big of a deal but the lax facilities are a lot nicer than the basketballs right now so that'll be a good upgrade for us even if it means lax is getting the real upgrade. supposedly lax and soccer (m & w) are being moved to the stadium... and reitz is supposed to go under construction this year as well.. so much so that the summer camps are being canceled for it.. lot of talk about stuff but only for sure things are the new green bleachers and a new floor. should look a little better.

I find this impossible to believe. I have been surfing the internet long enough to know that for every positive action taken on behalf of the lax program there is an equal and opposite negative result for the hoops team. So how is it possible that building this stadium could actually be for the good of the entire school and its sports program, including basketball?

so isn't this hand-me-down "upgrade" all the evidence you need to know how Lax and Hoops are treated?

Their lax sticks may be gone, but the smell of their farts will last a lifetime. Oh thank you ghosts of Dave Cottle... thank you!

LoCo2011 
Senior

Reg: 01-05-08
05-01-08 12:18 AM - Post#48542    
    In response to jdp 94

the hopkins game this weekend will prove a lot.. even if hopkins isn't even up to standards yet... but from what lax websites ive seen loyola lacks in any respect at all and no one expects us to do anything at all... hope for some upsets.. maybe this will keep lax on the national scene for a little longer

phillyhound 
Junior

Reg: 11-30-06
05-01-08 09:02 AM - Post#48545    
    In response to LoCo2011

When is the last time we beat Hopkins? Like 10 years ago?

MacDog 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-21-06
05-01-08 10:49 AM - Post#48552    
    In response to phillyhound

Did it at leastonce during my years on Evergreen - 97-01.

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
05-01-08 11:15 AM - Post#48556    
    In response to MacDog

I think it's time that we shift the vast majority of our athletic budget to a more obscure sport... One that will be much easier to dominate on a national collegiate level.

I'd say curling, but it will be tough to be taken seriously given the mid-atlantic location.

I'd say fencing, but I think the IVY league is already all over that.

Wait. How about Bowling? 10 pin or duck-pin, doesn't matter. Baltimore is ideally located to be home to a national powerhouse.

Get Boylan on the phone!

MacDog 
Masters Student

Reg: 07-21-06
05-01-08 11:19 AM - Post#48557    
    In response to jdp 94

Golf could work.

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
05-01-08 11:49 AM - Post#48561    
    In response to MacDog

• MacDog Said:
Golf could work.

too popular. and we can't compete with southern climate schools.

bowling is it I tell you!

Lou 
Masters Student
Lou
Loyola University?
05-01-08 12:03 PM - Post#48562    
    In response to jdp 94

• jdp 94 Said:
I'd say curling, but it will be tough to be taken seriously given the mid-atlantic location.

Showing your lack of sports knowledge once again! Maryland is a hotbed of curling.

http://www.chesapeakecurling.org/
http://www.curldc.org/

Meanwhile, no way we can compete with the Nebraskas of the world in college bowling.

http://www.ncaa.com/bowling/default.aspx?id=140

Edit: It appears another Maryland school has already beaten us to the punch when it comes to bowling.
http://www.ncaa.com/bowling/article.aspx?id=191912
Jesus loves me.

Edited by Lou on 05-01-08 12:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
Loyola University?
05-01-08 01:22 PM - Post#48565    
    In response to Lou

Your lack of faith ios distrurbing.

Bowling was only sanctioned in 2004. It is early days my friend.

All we need is the right coach.

I nominate this man.

http://www.lazydork.com/movies/kingpin.jpg

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
05-01-08 01:26 PM - Post#48567    
    In response to jdp 94

Once we convert the old lacrosse locker room into a bowling alley, we will have the finest on-campus bowling facilities in Maryland.

We will eat MD Eastern Shore for lunch and ask for cornfed Nebraskan for dessert.

Lou 
Masters Student
Lou
05-01-08 01:32 PM - Post#48569    
    In response to jdp 94

• jdp 94 Said:

I've been wondering what Tom Schneider was up to.
Jesus loves me.

phillyhound 
Junior

Reg: 11-30-06
05-01-08 02:14 PM - Post#48573    
    In response to Lou

Ok I checked the last time we beat Hopkins' was 1999. And we have beaten them 3 times ever.

So Hobart who we lost to last weekend in lax is moving down to D-3 now.

Brian 
Senior

Reg: 07-24-06
05-02-08 08:18 AM - Post#48587    
    In response to phillyhound

I heard from a trusted inside source that when Lax moves, they will leave their old jock straps behind and get new ones. the mens basketball team will then get the old lacross jock straps, but they are better than the ones they have now, so it's a win-win.

zombiejimchivers 
Freshman

Reg: 02-01-08
05-05-08 08:20 AM - Post#48626    
    In response to Brian

Nice to see Potomac Curling get a mention on the site. One of the guys at the club competes regularly at the national level and members of our club were hired as consultants during the last winter olympics. Maryland is suprisingly known in US curling. Outside of the states where it's really popular (MN, WI, NY, ND) Maryland can hold its own on the national level.
If anyone is actually interested, I am a dues paying member, play weekly and my team actually won our league this season. Season starts up again in October.

Lou 
Masters Student
Lou
05-05-08 09:30 AM - Post#48628    
    In response to zombiejimchivers

I will confess to very much enjoying watching curling during the Olympics (and not just because those sisters were cute, though that didn't hurt). Where do you play (is play the right word)? I'd go watch a match (?) if I was in town just to see it.
Jesus loves me.

jdp 94 
Masters Student
jdp 94
Loyola University?
05-05-08 11:32 AM - Post#48632    
    In response to Lou

Perhaps I spoke too quickly on what constitutes "a more obscure" sport.

what is a better gauge of sports popularity than looking at the video games it has inspired?

http://www.amazon.com/Take-Out-Weight-Curli ng-2/dp...

This curling game game was made 2 years after:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blast_Lacrosse

...the last lax video game ever made (May 2001).

Page 8 of 11 « First<891011
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2007 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.532 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:13 AM