Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Great effort - Ohio 80, Brown 74        (Topic#7412)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
03-18-08 09:08 PM - Post#47083    

Great, great effort by Brown. They go to Ohio, tough place to play, and lead a very good team for most of the game and almost squeak one out. Brown really almost won this one, despite the final six point margin.

Huffman goes down as one of the all-time greats after this performance. All time. Greats. Scores Brown's first 14 on his way to a career high 39. Thirty. Nine. What a way to step up for a big game. I mean, Jesus! He was just plain awesome and gave Ohio absolute fits.

McAndrew had a strong game too, 15, 6 and 6. You can't say the seniors didn't go out strong on this one. They hit big buckets all game long.

Brown did a great job exploiting Ohio's defense for threes and layups. I think there was one bucket that wasn't either a three or a layup. The offense ran well both halves.

But that's how good Ohio is - Huffman goes for 39, and they still narrowly pull it out. In the end, Ohio took advantage of their bulk and skill inside and that's where the game was won. Williams and Tillman both go for 20 and 10-ish, and are two of the best big men Brown has seen all season. Dominated the boards. Walther, the gangly gunner, didn't shoot it well but was really terrific running the floor, especially for a 6'5 guy. He finished with a whopping 12 assists, but some of that was just getting the ball inside for too-easy short finishes.

Friske did his best inside, but we were essentially without our two big guys - MacDonald and Mullery played sparingly - and we just didn't have the manpower to counter there.

We also hurt ourselves with a few missed point-blank opportunities, a few (very few) costly turnovers, and missing some FTs in the middle of the 2nd half.

Still, I leave this game, and this season, smiling. Couldn't be much happier with this team.

Thank you, boys, for a great season.
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

Penn94 
PhD Student

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Reg: 11-21-04
03-18-08 11:38 PM - Post#47103    
    In response to Bruno

Terrific game for Huffman. I guess his brother gave him the "How to score like crazy on MAC teams" speech.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
03-19-08 09:43 AM - Post#47115    
    In response to Penn94

We didn't get to the line as often as usual, but that's not a knock on the refs. Ohio made 8 in a row down the end. Great effort, we will miss this team!

Captain Bildad 
Sophomore

Reg: 06-03-05
03-19-08 04:25 PM - Post#47170    
    In response to Old Bear

Condolences on a tough game! Pardon if I say it, but man am I glad Huffman is graduating. What a game! and McAndrew. Time to graduate and let Penn back into its proper place at the head of the class. Too bad about the loss, but you offered a good threat in Ohio's back yard.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.168 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 08:17 AM