Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: New Recruit - Jean Harris        (Topic#7465)
Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
Re: New Recruit - Jean Harris
04-03-08 04:26 PM - Post#47864    
    In response to Jeff2sf

I'm sure I would feel exactly the same way, were I a Penn fan. I guess I would hope that Penn fans could be a tad more gracious when someone else wins, instead of the "worst Penn team in xxx years" and "Dunph left the cupboard bare" responses.

pchrystie 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-14-06
04-03-08 05:03 PM - Post#47866    
    In response to Old Bear

• Old Bear Said:
I'm sure I would feel exactly the same way, were I a Penn fan. I guess I would hope that Penn fans could be a tad more gracious when someone else wins, instead of the "worst Penn team in xxx years" and "Dunph left the cupboard bare" responses.

It would be a lot easier to be gracious if the change in the natural order of things (shudder) was because another team beat Penn and not because Penn had a bad-to-awful year. However, the history of the past decade is that Penn wins the league unless it has a bad team in which case a serviceable team wins the league (with Cornell actually being at the upper end of that category when compared to the weak Princeton league winners of the past decade).

I would argue that there is a difference between giving credit where credit is due and being gracious. I'll give credit where credit is due when a team takes advantage of a down Penn year and finishes first. I'll be gracious when Penn has an RPI of 60 and finishes second to a team with an RPI of 45.

That said, this discussion began over excitement regarding a Brown recruit. If he is a piece of the RPI at 45 puzzle, by all means, be excited. Given that we won't know for a few years whether he is Barry Pierce or Harrison Schaen, no harm in being excited now.

After all, it's not like you're building off the worst team in xxx years or Glen left the cupboard bare.

AsiaSunset 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
04-03-08 06:28 PM - Post#47868    
    In response to Old Bear

Old Bear - We are all you've got. At least we had enough interest in the league and Brown basketball to get on the net and try to do some research on your new recruit.

Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
04-03-08 08:49 PM - Post#47871    
    In response to AsiaSunset

Thanka Asia, any help is appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.556 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:01 PM