Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: new rotation?        (Topic#753)
CUJacob 
Senior

Reg: 12-05-04
02-20-05 03:17 AM - Post#4688    

looking at the boxscore from the harvard game, I noticed that 6 players (ET, rourke, collins, canady, toppert and naeve) played the vast majority of the minutes. gant barely played, dow didn't play (is he hurt?) and Scott and Lisle only played 2 minutes apiece. How did canady jump so many people in the rotation so quickly? Coach Donahue usually rotates people in and out all the time. Why this change?

I'm certainly not complaining. Canady's numbers this weekend sure seem to indicate he deserves minutes and saturday's win is a good one (i'll pretend friday didn't happen). It will be interesting to see who gets minutes next weekend in Ithaca.

Anyone have any insight on Dow's status or this revamped rotation?

thanks.

Bob S. 

Loc: New York
Reg: 11-26-04
Re: new rotation?
02-23-05 03:18 AM - Post#4689    
    In response to CUJacob

Coach Donahue announced today at the Rebounders' Club luncheon that Dow is probably out for the season. It is some kind of nagging injury and I cannot offer insight on what it is.

CUJacob 
Senior

Reg: 12-05-04
Re: new rotation?
02-23-05 04:22 AM - Post#4690    
    In response to CUJacob

That hurts. Dow is a very important player for Cornell, and he's fun to watch because he leaves it all on the floor.

I wonder who will get the starts at the guard positions this weekend... Canady or Gant at point, Toppert or Lisle at shooting. Most likely it will be the same lineup as the Harvard game but I expect Scott, Lisle and Gant to play more than they did in that game.

We're still mathamatically alive for the title, but a split this weekend is all we can reasonably ask for. A sweep would be gravy.

Let's go Red.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.566 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 04:03 AM