Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Green Sweep        (Topic#758)
BigGreenjeans 
goober

Reg: 11-22-04
02-21-05 04:06 AM - Post#4762    

I had the fun of seeing the sweep in person in Hanover. I have never witnessed a more complete turnaround between say, the pathetic Dartmouth team in 2003's Hawaii-Hilo tournament, and the Dartmouth team that swept the C's. No one (including me) would have bet before the year that Dartmouth would win five Ivy games this year. I don't think any Ivy team this year has played better than Dartmouth's first half against Cornell. Not only was the defense smothering, but the offense clicked better than at any time during Dunn's tenure. Give Columbia credit for playing much more intense defense than Cornell. Then take all that credit away because they're also the clutchingest, grabbingest, hookingest, dirtiest defensive team in the league. But Dartmouth refused to be rattled or baited into retaliation fouls. Instead, their defense played even tougher down the stretch. Big ups to Dave Gardner for his inside scoring, Mike McLaren and Mike Lang for their outside bombs. The sweep proved that the Ancient Eight is really more like the Big One and the Little Seven. Outside of Penn, parity rules the Ivies with precious very little dfference between everyone else.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.121 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 10:28 AM