Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Begley        (Topic#785)
moserale 
Freshman

Reg: 02-07-05
02-24-05 05:59 AM - Post#4951    

I was reading along the messages from the CBS Sportsline artice about begley, when I came across a certain post that read

"I have seen tim begley play 5 games this year and he is legit. For sure going to be a surprise NBA'er "

After watching Begley struggle against decent teams and light up some low 200 RPI teams, I would love to see Begs in the NBA but it's not gonna happen.

Thoughts?

10Q 
Professor

Loc: Suburban Philly
Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Begley
02-24-05 10:43 AM - Post#4952    
    In response to moserale

How close is Tim getting to the 3 point record?

SFlaQuaker 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-21-04
02-24-05 01:01 PM - Post#4953    
    In response to 10Q

He needs 4. I love Tim's game, but he has no shot at the NBA.

Quaker Fan 
maximus

Reg: 11-23-04
02-24-05 01:54 PM - Post#4954    
    In response to moserale

The YES TV guys called Begs a legit NBA prospect in the pregame show - they commmented on his height for a 2 and his truely great shooting skills being a nice fit for the NBA - I really like Tim and could see him in a Matt Maloney scenario - given his extra height and the ability an NBA team could have to provide him catch and shoot opportunities (as the Rockets did for Maloney), it is possible - but it was also the first time I had heard this - but it ain;t coming in from blue apparently

As for his sometimes no-show games - look at the defense emplyed and you will see it is a stop Begs D - so that is not as germain to this discussion

Anonymous 

02-24-05 02:17 PM - Post#4955    
    In response to Quaker Fan

The main difference between Maloney and Begley, in my opinion, is that Maloney was very quick. It just didn't seem like that when you compared him to Jerome. But Maloney's quickness allowed him to at least not get embarrassed on the defensive end in the NBA. Don't think the same will be true of Begley.

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
02-24-05 02:46 PM - Post#4956    
    In response to

I think that's basically right, and Begley's odds aren't as good Maloney's were (and Maloney beat the odds). With that being said, it certainly sounded like Begley stepped up and played excellent D on Forte Friday night with Oz sick. That's about as quick as it gets in our league. Also, Begley is considerably bigger than Maloney, which might allow him to defend bigger guys in order to mask the quickness problem.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.194 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:29 PM