Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Shaky against the Quakers        (Topic#809)
stump 
Sophomore

Reg: 01-23-05
02-26-05 01:41 AM - Post#5094    

Cornell looked very tentative tonight. I think they were intimidated, for the most part. Donahue needs to go back to using a larger rotation. Tired players make mistakes. Guys coming off the bench create energy, and when they make plays, the whole team feeds off that. Jason Canady was in over his head tonight. Penn was ready for him. He tried to do too much on his own.

CUJacob 
Senior

Reg: 12-05-04
Re: Shaky against the Quakers
02-26-05 03:10 AM - Post#5095    
    In response to stump

wasn't able to make the game tonight. i'll be there tomorrow. i like canady but i don't understand what Gant did to get his role reduced so much. i don't think canady is any better than gant or scott so i don't get why he's now playing 30+ minutes per game. i'll be able to comment on this better after i see tomorrow's game in person.

also, if rourke and collins don't combine for 25-30 points at least, cornell just isn't going to beat a good team.

Bob S. 

Loc: New York
Reg: 11-26-04
02-26-05 03:21 AM - Post#5096    
    In response to CUJacob

Not having Dow out there running the point really hurts the team. In the second half the offense could not get into any flow at all.That said-Penn simply looked like the better team out there tonight. Penn players were getting to every loose ball and getting second shots on their offensive end. I think that their athletes were just a little taller and quicker than ours.

TomPittsburgh 
maximus
TomPittsburgh
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Reg: 11-28-04
02-26-05 06:42 PM - Post#5097    
    In response to Bob S.

I watched on the Cornell tv link and it really looked like Cornell was outmached. I don't think there is any question that Penn has the better personnel.

Big Red Hoops Fan 

Reg: 11-21-04
02-27-05 12:00 PM - Post#5098    
    In response to TomPittsburgh

I also watched on the TV link and was surprised that the team didn't perform better. I think we could safely say that Syracuse has "better personnel" and yet CU led throughout the 1st half in that game back in December, with the 3's falling at an amazing clip and forcing Boeheim to mix up his strategy on D by going m-t-m. On Friday night v. the Quakers, the shots just weren't falling. Also, I agree that Dow is a difference-maker and the team suffers from his absence.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.269 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:23 PM