Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: URI        (Topic#8097)
Old Bear 
Postdoc

Reg: 11-23-04
11-13-08 04:01 PM - Post#53220    

It's too damn quiet for the eve of the Agel Era. I'm confidant that we will outperform the 5th place finish that many have opined. I look for Sullivan to become a more consistent scorer, but I also believe that the scoring will be much more balanced that it was in the Huffman/McAndrew era. Mark Mullary will be a quality 5 in the league, but the 4 & 5 positions are probably the places where the league suffers the most in comparison to the upper reaches of DI. Skrelja will continue to produce across the board, points, rebounds, assists and defense, but I don't expect him to increase his scoring output a great deal. Friske will score, defend and rebound. Williams will be the largest recipient of more playing time and will become a consistent contributor. The biggest question is depth. Agel was quoted in today's Pro-Jo that Morgan Kelly, Chris Taylor and Garrett Lefflemen are showing the biggest improvement and that Jean Harris may be the first freshman off the bench.

All that said, URI is very athletic and very quick. I'd rather start a little slower and play them in a few weeks. The pre-league schedule is as tough as any in recent years, but there are more home games than usual. I think a 19 win season will be a streach but I'd like to see 15.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.135 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 11:11 PM