Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: princeton win        (Topic#825)
CUJacob 
Senior

Reg: 12-05-04
02-27-05 01:59 AM - Post#5201    

A nice way for the seniors to end the Newman part of their careers. Good job getting the win without Dow. Some clutch free throw shooting and a break as Wallace's two-footer rolled in and out with 5 seconds left got CU the win. Toppert became the all-time leader in 3's made, making 5 tonight and CU needed them all. Canady's not quite there yet but i think he's going to be an excellent player. I'd still like to see more of Gant... I think those two along with Dow and Scott will make an excellent backcourt rotation in the next few years.

Its a great win for this team, but in order for CU to do some big things next year (and I believe they can), Rourke and Collins just have to be more consistent- I want to see 15 points a game from both of them.

As far as this season goes, a split on the road would be a nice finish to a season where we made some strides when we were expected to struggle mightily without Barnes.

I love the effort the guys have played with this season.

Big Red Hoops Fan 

Reg: 11-21-04
Re: princeton win
02-27-05 12:08 PM - Post#5202    
    In response to CUJacob

Considering the disappointments in the ooc, and so many new faces added to the roster, and injuries to key players at various times (e.g., Rourke's injury in the Dayton game keeping him out of the league opener at Columbia; Dow being lost to injury) it's a credit to Donahue & Co. that the team was still in the hunt for the Ivy title this late into the season.

I want to see Scott get some more time next year, also, as he made productive use of some of his limited minutes at the couple of games I was able to attend when the team was on the road.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.191 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 03:24 PM