Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Just an unbelievable game...        (Topic#827)
ballfan01 
goober
ballfan01
Loc: New England
Reg: 11-21-04
02-27-05 03:03 AM - Post#5219    

I have just witnessed some great basketball. Being a supporter of this team, win or lose, has been great. But tonight, seeing these boys win something like this and seeing a team that deserves to have wins as much as these boys do was very rewarding.

Excellent ball Big Green. Congratulations to the seniors.
I bleed green.

picknroll 
Freshman

Reg: 11-21-04
Re: Just an unbelievable game...
02-27-05 06:07 AM - Post#5220    
    In response to ballfan01

I seem to remember Callahan's name was mentioned many months ago during a discussion of the toughest players in the league. That last 3.2 seconds was all the proof you need.

He willed himself through two tight baseline defenders and scooped the ball toward the glass, where it hit and curled around the rim and in as the buzzer sounded. How he squeezed through the defense to even get the ball off is a mystery. Nothing short of miraculous.

Liddy also deserves a lot of credit. He took great care of the ball, got it to people where they could use it, and when the Green was in a hole early he went on his own little mini run to jump start the offense. He was also the guy who, in the second half, hit Ball on the wing in full transitional gallop for the best dunk I've ever seen. Ball took the pass in stride, exploded off the dribble and beat a defender to the rim with a thunderous two-handed flush.

It was really sweet to see all four seniors contribute.

BigGreenjeans 
goober

Reg: 11-22-04
Re: Just an unbelievable game...
02-27-05 05:04 PM - Post#5221    
    In response to picknroll

Cally is a class guy and a great team leader. Mike Liddy's contributions can't be minimized. He's done a great job down the stretch, spelling Cally (wh's still limited by that hand injury and recurring knee problems) while taking good care of the ball and making good decisions. And Terry Dunn's influence can be seen in Liddy's increased aggressiveness on offense; not making foolish playes but not being afraid to attack the basket. Cally, Liddy and BDG will be sorely missed. It's too bad they haven't had the benefit throughout their Dartmouth years of coaching that matched their ability, effort and class. Now, they do. Better late than never.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.407 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 02:49 PM