Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: CU at Dart        (Topic#8747)
CU.LIONS 
Senior

Reg: 03-03-07
02-28-09 06:47 PM - Post#59950    

Can anyone provide a link if there is one for viewing tonghts game... Thanks

internetter 
Postdoc

Loc: Los Angeles
Reg: 11-21-04
02-28-09 07:48 PM - Post#59952    
    In response to CU.LIONS

go to the website: http://gocolumbialions.com/
west coast fan

CU.LIONS 
Senior

02-28-09 08:27 PM - Post#59954    
    In response to internetter

cant seem to get the audio. I registered and installed the new version of WMP and still no audio?

internetter 
Postdoc

CU at Dart
02-28-09 08:50 PM - Post#59955    

Amp out; Scott to see limited action, if that much.
Jones in pre-game radio interview: with the injuries, there will be a mixed group tonight. Very appreciative of the efforts players have been making.
31-25, Lions at the half
KJ 13, Miller 7, Agho 5, Bulg 4; Agho 4 RBs.
west coast fan

Edited by internetter on 02-28-09 08:56 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CU.LIONS 
Senior

02-28-09 08:54 PM - Post#59956    

I think you mean 31 25 at half

internetter 
Postdoc

02-28-09 08:56 PM - Post#59957    
    In response to CU.LIONS

right, thanks, changed!!!
west coast fan

internetter 
Postdoc

02-28-09 09:59 PM - Post#59960    

Dart won 67-53, as Lions went cold in second and Dart's D tightened.
KJ and Miller had 19.
west coast fan

CU.LIONS 
Senior

02-28-09 10:03 PM - Post#59962    

Watching it through ESPN"s gamecast, its clear that having both Bova and Ampim out leaves Columbia too small. Factor in losing Scott makes fora far too taxing effort for the Lions. It appeared by the score Columbia just wore down. Miller had a good game and Matsui a good half, but Agho only 2-10 and Foley no points. Don't know what to expect next week, but the possibility exists that the Lions will finish this season having lost 5 in a row.

AndreG 
Sophomore

Reg: 10-28-07
02-28-09 10:34 PM - Post#59967    
    In response to CU.LIONS

Losing 5 in a row would be a devasting way to end a season that showed much promise. I agree not having any size and losing a player of the caliber of Scott is too much. But I would like to add that the most dis-heartning thing this year other than the injuries of course is the total lack of production or ability displayed by the freshmen other than Agho. With all the injuries to Columbia, there was good opportunity for the young players to step up and show what they can do. Based on this season, Agho is the only real keeper. Before someone replies with the usual "they are only freshmen", I wish to remind those that most, if not all eventual solid players displayed very good abilities early on. See- Foley, Scott, Bulger, Baumann, Ampim, Montgomery and so on. Miller is the only exception that I can think of, and he is after all a big man - who normally develop later.

skiba34 
Masters Student

Reg: 03-11-06
CU at Dart
03-01-09 01:40 AM - Post#59975    
    In response to AndreG

Did Foley get hurt? He was rather quiet with only taking 2 shots. The freshmen don't appear to be to good yet, but Johnson and Mase are also not playing their natural positions (wing or outside) and instead are forced to play where Columbia needs bodies at the big forward position. Mase has great physical potential but reminds me of Ampim in that they both need to learn a lot about the game. Not sure what Johnson brings to the table yet. Egee looks more like a decent backup, but not a long term starter.

Thank god for Agho, otherwise this entire freshman class would have contributed little to nothing.

Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
03-01-09 11:08 AM - Post#59987    
    In response to skiba34

There's a consensus for sure among this Board's small group of knowledable members. Total 100% agreement. So the question comes down to whether Coach Jones sees the problem and vigorously goes out and recruits some players during the next month who can contribute immediately at point guard and small forward. Marc Cisco and Max Craig are solid additions, who will help us greatly up front, but I can't see Columbia doing much next year without a couple of newcomers who could score. Keep in mind that two seniors--Miller and Matsui--scored 38 of the team's 53 points last night.

The Lion King 
Junior

Reg: 11-10-06
CU at Dart
03-01-09 12:10 PM - Post#59990    
    In response to Columbia 37P6

Your passion does you credit, but I think you're overreacting to a couple of tough losses. First of all, this supposed sudden need to find a bunch of new recruits assumes that (a) players injured this year will be of no use in the future and (b) players who contribute little as freshmen will be of no use in the future. I'm sure we can think of plenty of counterexamples; John Baumann works for both. (Old timers like me remember Tom Gwydir, who wasn't even on the varsity roster his first two seasons.)

Also, you can't just go out and grab a bunch of good players in March the way you pick up some bagels at the deli. Even if Jones could somehow get the attention right now of someone he's been lukewarm about or ignored for years, wouldn't that kid think: Will he cast me aside too if I get off to a slow start?

Look, Craig will contribute next year, and so will Grimes. Foley and Scott should be a lot better after their surgery. Agho will be even more of an all-around star with a year of experience under his belt. Ampim should come back strong if he's healthy. Crimmins has the makings of a decent backup, though I doubt he'll ever be a scoring machine. If there's one good contributor among next year's freshmen, the Lions will be in fine shape. For goodness sakes, there are 13 non-seniors on this year's roster, 7 of whom are listed as guards. Where would this influx of new recruits even find a place to sit?

Columbia 37P6 
Postdoc

Reg: 02-14-06
03-01-09 10:58 PM - Post#60050    
    In response to The Lion King

As usual, the always shrewd Lion King is making some excellent points, but I question whether his judgment on the recruiting numbers is correct. Indeed, there are 13 non-seniors on the current roster, including Loyola Marymount transfer, Max Craig, who will be eiigible next season. Even with the addtiion of talented New Jersey recruit, Marc Cisco, Columbia will only have 14 players on the roster next season. That assumes of course, that there will be no attrition from this year's squad and that all of the many seriously injured players return healthy enough to play . A more likely scenario is that there will be some attrition and at least one player who will not be able to return to the court due to injury. That being the case, there is likely to be maybe 11 players on the roster. That's just too few to start the season even in the Ivy League. Under the circumstances, I consider it a given that Coach Jones will recruit at least three more players by March 30. How about a Gentlemen's Bet?

LionFan 
Senior

Reg: 11-07-06
03-02-09 11:55 AM - Post#60081    
    In response to Columbia 37P6

There is one other recruit coming, a forward from one of the News England preps, in addition to Cisco. Haven't heard about a third recruit.

I think the recent problem has been in the frontcourt not the backcourt. Without Grimes, Ampim and Bova, there are no bulky forwards to help on the boards. That means improved perimeter defense challenging the guards' shots, better help defense underneath against drives into the paint, and no rebounding (look at the stats against Harvard -- they were especially bad). When they were going strong, CU was winning the battle for boards, especially at the offensive end, and dishing to the bigs after drawing the post defense on drives. It couldn't happen this weekend because they didn't have the personnel healthy and available.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.017 seconds.   Total Queries: 11   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 12:16 PM