Untitled Document
Brown Columbia Cornell Dartmouth Harvard Penn Princeton Yale

Username Post: Lineup Shakeup - Brown vs Wagner tonight        (Topic#88)
Bruno 
PhD Student

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Reg: 11-21-04
11-30-04 01:53 PM - Post#381    

Tonight's game in Staten Island should be a winnable game for Brown.

Wagner was picked to finish 9th in the NEC. They don't return much experienced talent and are bottom heavy, with a very talented freshman class (remind you of anyone?) They've got some nice talent inside with a senior center who may give us fits, but their guards are comparatively weak. I'm not saying we have to win this game, but I do think this team needs to get into the win column soon.

I'd try to make it out to Staten Island for this game, but NYC to Staten Island is essentially like going from NYC to Canada. Or at least it seems that way.

According to the weekly release on Brown's website, Brown is shaking up its starting lineup for this game. As expected by some of us, Miller's going with the three guard lineup of Forte, Becker and Huffman. But what's somewhat of a surprise is what's happening inside -- Manhanga and PJ are moving to the bench, and MacDonald is starting.

This, to me, is very unexpected. I never thought Miller would take out both of his only experienced inside bangers in favor of a) an extra 6-2 guard and b) a freshman big man who is primarily an outside player.

But that's what makes the guy so darned compelling. And I'm learning not to argue with the guy. I just do wonder who's going to grab the rebounds and be able to do some bumping inside...
LET'S go BRU-no (duh. nuh. nuh-nuh-nuh)

SomeGuy 
Professor

Reg: 11-22-04
Re: Lineup Shakeup - Brown vs Wagner tonight
11-30-04 07:11 PM - Post#382    
    In response to Bruno

McDonald actually started against Wright State over Flaherty, and Manhanga's been coming off the bench in the last two games. So the only real change for this game is Becker over Coulibaly.

mikeg 

Reg: 11-28-04
Bears finally get their first W
12-01-04 01:04 AM - Post#383    
    In response to Bruno

Bears played well as a team defensively.Putting the clamps on Wagner 76-60.They shot 13-27 from 3 with Jason hitting six of them and finishing with a game high 25.Luke also played well, I believe,scoring 18.The bears could get on alittle role with their schedule,we`ll have to wait and see.

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.195 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:18 AM