Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 3 of 6 « First<3456
Username Post: 3 Player suspension - It May Not Be Over        (Topic#21250)
bison63 
Postdoc

Reg: 01-23-06
03-10-18 04:24 PM - Post#251708    
    In response to BisonFan4

Sorry, but Colgate, Boston, and Loyola, Md are one thing. Michigan is quite another. The additional big body can’t hurt, even if he is simply held in reserve.

bison63 
Postdoc

03-12-18 07:29 AM - Post#252258    
    In response to bison63

Now that we know we are playing MSU, I have 2 questions. First, do we know for a fact that Moore is gone for the season? Second, is there anybody here who thinks that does not matter in a game against the likes of the Spartans? At this point, IMO, it is the team and the fans being punished more than Moore. I love Nate Sestina, but I would like to have every big body possible available for this game, especially given Nate's propensity for foul trouble.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
03-12-18 11:08 AM - Post#252331    
    In response to bison63

As far as I know, there has been no public statement that he is gone for the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on Friday, but I have no info. He is certainly much needed against a team like Michigan State.

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
03-12-18 11:24 AM - Post#252339    
    In response to Bison137

I still trying to shake my bitterness over the opponent and location. What’s the line on the game?

BisonRoadWarrior 
Professor
BisonRoadWarrior
Loc: Where the Bison Roam
Reg: 08-16-06
03-12-18 11:27 AM - Post#252342    
    In response to HuskyColonial

• HuskyColonial Said:
What’s the line on the game?

Spartans by 14

HuskyColonial 
PhD Student

Reg: 02-17-12
03-12-18 11:36 AM - Post#252345    
    In response to BisonRoadWarrior

I really like us to cover that. The Arkansas game is the only the evidence that we wouldn’t and that was our only blow out loss in 34 games.

bison63 
Postdoc

03-12-18 11:48 AM - Post#252351    
    In response to HuskyColonial

• HuskyColonial Said:
I really like us to cover that. The Arkansas game is the only the evidence that we wouldn’t and that was our only blow out loss in 34 games.

I do not think the St Joe’s game was as close as the final 13 point margin would suggest, and i’d definitely consider Northeastern a blowout. Both those losses, which at the time were “ bad,” looked better by the seasons end, as NE actually passed us in many rankings and the Hawks closed the gap considerably. Still, I think we will give a good account of ourselves.

BUFan 
PhD Student
BUFan
Reg: 01-24-06
03-12-18 11:52 AM - Post#252355    
    In response to bison63

MSU has not been blowing out most B10 opponents, and I truly feel Bucknell would’ve been a middle of the pack B10 squad. They should be able to hang around.

alg55 
Pre-Frosh

Reg: 03-07-18
03-13-18 01:09 AM - Post#252659    
    In response to raymondbucknell

They ARE really good kids. They made a mistake and have learned their lesson.

alg55 
Pre-Frosh

Reg: 03-07-18
Re: Bison137
03-13-18 01:11 AM - Post#252660    
    In response to Bison137

I also know it and I know how sorry he is. He has learned his lesson and the punishment should be over.

Paulie777 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-11-07
03-13-18 09:32 AM - Post#252667    
    In response to alg55

Sometimes students of any demographic in the bubble need to blow off some steam and it may be a tough place at times for some basketball players. I hope coach understands this and gives them a break, everyone needs one at times. That said, Stephen Brown has risen to every challenge and even overcame the coaching change with poise and Nana also. I can't believe we're going to the dance with one player not playing and two others disciplined. This team is fragmented through and through with Flannery's asst. running the show and star Griffin on bench trying to get these guys going. Paulson is gone but his three recruits are running the show and even Hardt has jumped ship. Now we have a player thats not playing in the big dance and we're supposed to try to beat Mich. St. in Detroit?

DoCtoR62 
Masters Student

Reg: 05-18-08
03-13-18 11:50 AM - Post#252717    
    In response to Paulie777

I hope it is not the case that this team is fragmented.

I believe everyone on here who has knowledge of the infraction(s) and who believes the punishment up to this date should be enough. But, it should be noted that the one person who beyond all others would profit the most from a first round win is head coach Nathan Davis. And, the one person who beyond all others would want to have these seniors experience the thrills of 2005 and 2006 is head coach Nathan Davis. I am hard pressed to think that he hasn't had conversations with his seniors and with his assistants throughout this ordeal. Possible, but unlikely.

GO BISON.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
03-13-18 12:00 PM - Post#252718    
    In response to Paulie777

• Paulie777 Said:
Sometimes students of any demographic in the bubble need to blow off some steam and it may be a tough place at times for some basketball players. I hope coach understands this and gives them a break, everyone needs one at times. That said, Stephen Brown has risen to every challenge and even overcame the coaching change with poise and Nana also. I can't believe we're going to the dance with one player not playing and two others disciplined. This team is fragmented through and through with Flannery's asst. running the show and star Griffin on bench trying to get these guys going. Paulson is gone but his three recruits are running the show and even Hardt has jumped ship. Now we have a player thats not playing in the big dance and we're supposed to try to beat Mich. St. in Detroit?

I think "fragmented" is absolutely incorrect. Paulsen's three recruits have now played three very successful years - in an offense that brought out the best in them. Also the discipline for two of the players is in the past, and the discipline for the third may be as well. As for the discipline, it is different at a school like Bucknell - as it should be - but having said that, the same offense at most P5 schools would not have warranted even a one game suspension. Maybe a few extra laps.

As for Hardt, I wouldn't say he "jumped ship". He had an opportunity to make a lot more money at a school in a higher-level league. Also in an area where he might well want to retire.

BisonRoadWarrior 
Professor
BisonRoadWarrior
Loc: Where the Bison Roam
Reg: 08-16-06
3 Player suspension - It May Not Be Over
03-13-18 12:45 PM - Post#252733    
    In response to Paulie777

• Paulie777 Said:
This team is fragmented through and through with Flannery's asst. running the show and star Griffin on bench trying to get these guys going. Paulson is gone but his three recruits are running the show and even Hardt has jumped ship.

What an absolutely preposterous post. You're truly just making things up out of thin air.

If you must delve so deep into fiction, how about concocting an alternative reality that's positive?

So, for example, rather than characterizing one of the closest, best-chemistry teams you'll ever see as "fragmented through and through," you could tell us they've all grown two inches since the league championship.

Bison89 
Professor
Bison89
Loc: Philadelphia
Reg: 11-14-07
Re: 3 Player suspension - It May Not Be Over
03-13-18 02:16 PM - Post#252769    

• BisonRoadWarrior Said:
  • Paulie777 Said:
This team is fragmented through and through with Flannery's asst. running the show and star Griffin on bench trying to get these guys going. Paulson is gone but his three recruits are running the show and even Hardt has jumped ship.

What an absolutely preposterous post. You're truly just making things up out of thin air.

If you must delve so deep into fiction, how about concocting an alternative reality that's positive?

So, for example, rather than characterizing one of the closest, best-chemistry teams you'll ever see as "fragmented through and through," you could tell us they've all grown two inches since the league championship.

Why stop there? How about adding in the Jolly Green Giant, Snow White, and one of my favorites, The Grinch?
New season, new team, new dream . . .

Paulie777 
PhD Student

Reg: 11-11-07
03-13-18 02:44 PM - Post#252777    

• BisonRoadWarrior Said:
  • Paulie777 Said:

This whole thread is of a negative bent at least the title is.

I think my Michigan St. post is pretty positive.

I think this team is fragmented. Bruce Moore being suspended is fragmented enough.
There are remnants of the Kansas era in Davis and Griffin, and remants of the Paulson era with Zach, Nana, and Stephen. Flannery and Paulson are gone and we have an interim AD. Davis's recruits are being disciplined. We have great individual play but we can't make a pass and are turnover prone.
Again, for my positive alternate reality post, see the Mich.St.thread.

Edited by Paulie777 on 03-13-18 03:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MangyOne 
Freshman
MangyOne
Loc: Rochester, NY Metro Area
Reg: 12-28-09
03-13-18 03:05 PM - Post#252786    
    In response to Paulie777

Boy, Paulie 777, who tinkled in your Wheaties? With the absolutely absurd post, you best stick to the Michigan State site. Who gave you this sccop - Sasquatch?

crd012 
Junior

Reg: 12-02-12
03-13-18 03:12 PM - Post#252794    
    In response to Paulie777

• Paulie777 Said:
  • BisonRoadWarrior Said:
  • Paulie777 Said:

This whole thread is of a negative bent at least the title is.

I think my Michigan St. post is pretty positive.

I think this team is fragmented. Bruce Moore being suspended is fragmented enough.
There are remnants of the Kansas era in Davis and Griffin, and remants of the Paulson era with Zach, Nana, and Stephen. Flannery and Paulson are gone and we have an interim AD. Davis's recruits are being disciplined. We have great individual play but we can't make a pass and are turnover prone.
Again, for my positive alternate reality post, see the Mich.St.thread.

Stop digging. The first post was ridiculous, no need to double down on it.

bison63 
Postdoc

03-13-18 03:25 PM - Post#252803    
    In response to crd012

Maybe we need to know what Pauline means by “ fragmented,” because the conventional definition is certainly negative and implying factions warring against each other. Is he possibly just pointing out the varied nature of this teams makeup.

BisonFan4 
Junior

Reg: 12-30-16
03-13-18 03:31 PM - Post#252807    
    In response to bison63

That was actually how I interpreted his post & was a little confused as to why ppl were jumping down his throat lol

Page 3 of 6 « First<3456
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.215 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 07:53 PM