Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Username Post: Stirring the pot        (Topic#5719)
CHC8485 
Sophomore
CHC8485
Reg: 02-01-06
Re: Stirring the Pot with a slightly larger ladle
04-03-07 02:30 PM - Post#34247    
    In response to BUPilot

It's not just about Holy Cross' travel.

The trip from Hamilton to Richmond or Williamsburg isn't exactly short either - only slightly shorter (~30 minutes driving) than from Worcester. And at least HC has many flight options with a couple of major airports within an hour. It's been years since I've been there, but I'm not sure Syracuse has that many flight options.

And two more 6 hour bus rides from Lewisburg wouldn't be a picnic either.

BreakinBison 
Sophomore

Reg: 01-23-06
Re: Stirring the Pot with a slightly larger ladle
04-03-07 02:34 PM - Post#34248    
    In response to BUPilot

I haven't seen this discussed yet; however, are there any DII or DIII schools that might be looking to move up?

Amherst College (MA), Trinity College (CT), Colby College (ME), Bates (ME), Bowdoin (ME), etc. certainly fit the academic criteria even though their enrollments are lower than Patriot League.

I am sure there are others in the Pennsylvania / Maryland / New York region that would also fit this profile (e.g., Carnegie Mellon, Johns Hopkins, Gettysburg, etc.).

Granted, football would be the greatest weakness for all of these schools but its worth the discussion even though they would have to incur the D1 transition period.

Page 2 of 2 ALL<12
Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.153 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 06:41 AM