Untitled Document
American Army Bucknell Colgate Holy Cross Lafayette Lehigh Navy

Username Post: Shazier Interview Video Clip        (Topic#5956)
KenZ 
Postdoc
KenZ
Reg: 01-23-06
07-05-07 03:29 PM - Post#35714    

short clip of an interview with DS:

link

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
Re: Shazier Interview Video Clip
07-05-07 04:44 PM - Post#35715    
    In response to KenZ

Thanks for the link.

BTW, Shazier was selected to play in the Virginia all-star game, to be played July 10th at the Hampton Coliseum.

Virginia All-Star Game Rosters

ericatbucknell 
PhD Student
ericatbucknell
Reg: 01-22-06
07-05-07 08:51 PM - Post#35716    
    In response to Bison137

theres just something about a nice mid-range, pull-up jumper that warms my heart.

...im very excited about this recruiting class.
The Bracket Bustin' Bison are Back!

Okay. First round streak BACK ON!

MouserDZ 
Masters Student
MouserDZ
Reg: 03-02-06
07-11-07 12:35 PM - Post#35717    
    In response to ericatbucknell

Hooptime posted the link below in regards to the Virginia All-Star game. Apparently Shazier had a good showing with 11 points.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-82297sy0jul11,0,5616215.story?coll=dp-sports-local

bisonfan 
Junior

Reg: 09-03-06
07-11-07 02:13 PM - Post#35718    
    In response to MouserDZ

I tried using the link from MouserDZ and it did not work. So I just went to Dailypress.com and looked at the sports section and got the article. It also had a picture of Shazier driving to the hoop.

atlantabison 
PhD Student

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Reg: 01-25-06
07-11-07 03:30 PM - Post#35719    
    In response to bisonfan

"Darryl Shazier is super quick, has superb ball-handling skills, an automatic jump shot, a full basketball scholarship to Bucknell and was named Peninsula District Player of the Year."

I particularly like the automatic jump shot part. Also the link works but you have to cut and paste it into your browser since the comma is read as an end.

MouserDZ 
Masters Student
MouserDZ
Reg: 03-02-06
07-11-07 04:56 PM - Post#35720    
    In response to atlantabison

Sorry about the link. Looks like you have to highlight the whole thing, and copy and paste into your browser. Or go directly to hooptime's site. www.hooptimeonline.com - the link works from there.

Bison137 
Professor
Bison137
07-11-07 05:46 PM - Post#35721    
    In response to MouserDZ

This link should work:

Shazier Article

Also some excerpts, since the Daily Press articles usually disappear within a few days:

Menchville High's recently graduated point guard Darryl Shazier is super quick, has superb ball-handling skills, an automatic jump shot, a full basketball scholarship to Bucknell and was named Peninsula District Player of the Year.

All of that, and Shazier hasn't won a game in four months. "It's been a while," Shazier said. "I was looking to end the streak."

In the Virginia High School Coaches Association All-Star basketball game on Tuesday, Shazier teamed up with Jamestown's Pierre Brown, the Bay Rivers District's Player of the Year, to help the East race past the West, 103-99, at the Hampton Coliseum. . . . .

Shazier added: "This will be good. I definitely don't like to lose. That's hard to take."

The hardest loss he had to cope with last season came in a season-ending loss, 65-61, to Booker T. Washington on Feb. 23 in the Eastern Region semifinals.

Shazier remembers walking out of the back hallway at Churchland after the game feeling abnormally good.

Agonizing over the "what ifs" and mentally replaying different scenarios came a day later.

"At first what kept me together was that I knew we had made a good run in the region, and I couldn't really hold my head down right away," Shazier said. "But it was definitely tough. The worst part was that I had to sit in the stands and watch other teams play." . . . . .

Shazier got a small dose of the next level last week while working Bucknell's camp.

"The game moves a lot faster on the college level," Shazier said. "So that's a new challenge for me because everyone is good. Sometimes you've got to accept one ending and take a new start."

Icon Legend Permissions Topic Options

Quote Post

Quick Reply

Print Topic

Email Topic

Copyright © 2004-2012 Basketball U. Terms of Use for our Site and Privacy Policy are applicable to you. All rights reserved.
Basketball U. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated in any way with any NCAA athletic conference or member institution.
FusionBB™ Version 2.1 | ©2003-2007 InteractivePHP, Inc.
Execution time: 0.196 seconds.   Total Queries: 16   Zlib Compression is on.
All times are (GMT -0500) Eastern. Current time is 09:31 AM